Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric shifting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

From what I've read, nobody who has used it dislikes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Lumen wrote: »
    From what I've read, nobody who has used it dislikes it.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for an expensive bit of kit:)

"Di2 by Shimano - it's not crap!"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Given the number of people who complain about/have issues with other expensive bits of kit (Garmin and Zipp spring to mind) I think it is not bad.

If I had an unlimited amount of money, or someone else was paying for it, it would be my top choice, certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

If SRAM brought out an electronic system I'd plump for it (if I found a pile of cash somewhere)

If they did bring one out, would they call it the E-tap? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Or do SRAM really need electric shifting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

I find it interesting that cav openly stated he preferred mechanical over electronic and Fabian is riding the mechanical dura ace in the sprint classics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

A lot of guys used mech shifters in place of the electronic versions during the classics. There was rumours that it got confused by the bumps trying to auto adjust itself. A number of other riders said that the buttons were too sensitive and they didn't want to accidentally hit them which I believe a bit more.

Still, I quite like the idea of the rear shifter auto trimming itself. Perhaps it is just laziness, but not having to retrim it every so often would be great.

Advertisement