Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling Nespresso Pods in Ireland

Options
  • 17-04-2011 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Has any thought been given to recycling used Nespresso pods in Ireland? I know in the Netherlands and in the UK the courier that delivers the new pods will take away used ones for recycling.

How do I go about recycling my used pods here in Ireland? (Please don't tell me to make a necklace from them ;))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Open the top with a knife, rinse out € put in green bin.

As a useful aside, use some of the grounds mixed with honey or egg white as an exfoliating face mask once a month. Feels great.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭engol

Yes iMax, I'm aware of that. Am also aware that not many would go to the bother of doing it. Recycling these things without asking the enduser for effort is possible. It's done elsewhere, just wondering how we can get it done here. Don't know why it's not already, not enough of them till recently enough maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

Brown Thomas Grafton Street Nespresso department on the top floor (and I think also their store in Cork) told me they are starting a recycling service in September. Don't know what's taken them so long. Maybe the thought of people dragging sackfuls of used pods through their nice store didn't appeal to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Alwayson wrote: »
    Brown Thomas Grafton Street Nespresso department on the top floor (and I think also their store in Cork) told me they are starting a recycling service in September. Don't know what's taken them so long. Maybe the thought of people dragging sackfuls of used pods through their nice store didn't appeal to them.

They are in the sham that is Rapak they don't have to take them back. Obviously their customers are more environmentally aware and are now making them.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

You can now get recycling bags in BT's for your used capsules. Just ask for one next time you are in buying capsules. And once your bag is full drop it back there also. I'm not sure where they end up but imagine they are transported to the UK for recycling. According to the Nespresso site the UK have a "capsule retrieval system" in place. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭engol

Twenty10 wrote: »
    You can now get recycling bags in BT's for your used capsules. Just ask for one next time you are in buying capsules. And once your bag is full drop it back there also. I'm not sure where they end up but imagine they are transported to the UK for recycling. According to the Nespresso site the UK have a "capsule retrieval system" in place. :)

Thanks for this, we usually get ours online but good to know anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

They sent me out the recycling bag in the post a month or 2 ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Was in BT yesterday, dont think they collect (might be a little below them!) but they were giving out bags.

Now the not so funny thing about all this is that every time I order on line I also book a recycle collection. On each occasion the courier turns up day 1 and collects the capsules, heads off and comes back the following day with the online order! So much for recycling when effort from a carbon burning front in doing so is doubled!

Let Nespresso know about this on more than one occasion but to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

The coffee grounds (and tea) can be used in the garden. Mix it into the soil. Then recycle the rest in your recycling bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭trurl

so, where do you recycle your pod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 showmethedata

I can't post a URL, but go to nespresso dot com/ie/en/recycling

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:showmethedata, I'm afraid this thread is far too old to be revived. I'm closing it, but feel free to start a new thread if you wish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement