Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a big SS brew pot

Options
  • 17-04-2011 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I need to get a pot for my first extract brew. Dont seem to be able to get a stainless steel pot big enough. Been reading that I can do a partial boil which is probably the best solution but I'd still need a pot with about 14~15litre capacity. Where do you buy these? or how do other people work around this?

Thanks

L

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I got mine in Living Island on Talbot Street. 19L capacity, €18. Build quality isn't the best, but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

I use an electric boiler for my beers.

d8d300e5c1dc76a41c8c7bd837a597ab.image.204x153.JPG

This one has a 33 litre capacity and includes a hop strainer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I use an electric boiler for my beers.
    Oh, yeah, I do too. It's a lot less fuss than partial boil on the stove, if it's an option. You really need outdoor space for it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

BeerNut wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, I do too. It's a lot less fuss than partial boil on the stove, if it's an option. You really need outdoor space for it, though.

I did my first boil indoors and turned the house into one big hoppy sauna, which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No need for stainless, I had a plastic bucket (think it was PP5) with an element in it from a homebrew shop.

If your fermenter is PP5 it should handle heat, it may soften a little. You could get one or 2 of those travel elements and pop it in.

Powercity have a 20L, €190 though
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=60-35-76131&brands=BURCO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lars

Think I'll wait till Im in town and try that shop on Talbot street for the cheap one. I have an aluminium(I think) stock pot thats big enough for a partial boil. Its scruffy and old, some marks on it but I assume that would be OK until I get the SS one? Wouldn't leave a funny flavour off the beer or anything??

Advertisement