Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where will the rock cena feud go-predictions

Options
  • 16-04-2011 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

what way can you see the feud going. it cant exist like it does now somethin bigger has to happen to give this match a meaning, cena didnt give a **** it seems about losing the wwe title, rock respects cena so what gives?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My guess is at most, Rock might appear at Summerslam but not do much else. Then at the Rumble....which Cena will be in for some reason....Rock will eliminate him and they'll build the feud from there as a meeting of two ages...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It looks like WWE aren't shooting a Rock-leaves angle (like we've already gotten it)

but I would've thought that to write Rock off storylines, I'd've had Miz batter/injure Rocky (some kind of NWO truck ala 2002 lol) because the next PPV match involves Miz/Cena.

Then have Rock return at the Rumble and Eliminate Cena (saying he was just making sure he was free for Mania...)

Rock jobs at Mania, and the two hug afterwards, Cena having earned Rock's respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

he already has his respect supposably, no need 4 the match to prove himself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

partyndbs wrote: »

he respects him but he doesent like him. That whole line was just to play to the crowd, both sides of it. The Cena fans wont see him as a bad guy so much yet the ones who boo him can also associate with the sentiment. They dont like the guy but huge amounts of them do respect aspects of Cena and the Rock having already pointed out he doesent like him can do the same. Say he respects his in ring ability or simply what he has achieved in the WWE while Rocky was away etc.

I think the most important thing in relation to where the feud will go is what Cena does when Rock isnt around. Rock will be limited at best with his appearances before the road to Wrestlemania, maybe a surprise appearance or two or a via satelite appearance but between now and the Rumble the WWE will be positioning Cena and presenting him in a way that the Rock/Cena feud will work best in their opinon. If that means turn him heel, have him win the belt, show a meaner side, let him loose/off the leash on the mic whatever it will define the feud because again we will know that it will be the Cena character left on the active roster after the feud.

With it being in Rocks home town of Miami next year you never know maybe those who always seem to want it, will get a heel Cena.

partyndbs wrote: »

Yep, Rock and Cena completely dissipated any heat between them doing the respect handshake....as well as pissing on the main event of WM27, seeing as Rock just cost Cena the WWE championship.

I don't know if any feud sold well where the participants were just hunky dory with each other.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yep, Rock and Cena completely dissipated any heat between them doing the respect handshake....as well as pissing on the main event of WM27, seeing as Rock just cost Cena the WWE championship.

I don't know if any feud sold well where the participants were just hunky dory with each other.:confused:

It would be more confusing if WWE played up any heat 364 days before they fight.

The time to create heat is next February any heat played up now would be a waste. If the feud was Hot now it would be impossible to keep it that way for that long.

Well Rock was always going to leave for practically all of post-WM 2011...It's all wrapped up in a neat little bow, which is understandable since it's so far away, it just means that wwe will have to play "oh, disregard the two being lovey-dovey" come Jan/Feb next year.

It's why I thought an injury angle (which pushes Miz) would've been the way forward; writing Rock off TV, and not settling the conflict with Cena.

Well Rock was always going to leave for practically all of post-WM 2011...It's all wrapped up in a neat little bow, which is understandable since it's so far away, it just means that wwe will have to play "oh, disregard the two being lovey-dovey" come Jan/Feb next year.

It's why I thought an injury angle (which pushes Miz) would've been the way forward; writing Rock off TV, and not settling the conflict with Cena.

could create a demand for Miz vs The Rock which would never happen though. but I guess even having the Miz elevated that much would make it worthwhile

All they need to do is have them shake hands again next march, cena grabs rock does the FU next week calls rock an idiot for thinking a handshake was going to make up for wrestlemania 27.

A hand shake is not lovey dovey.

Hmmm, that's right...definitely a difficult situation. How would you've written Rock off TV?

• Advertisement

Hmmm, that's right...definitely a difficult situation. How would you've written Rock off TV?

Because it was the rock maybe WWE got it right?

If it was anyone else you wouldn't announce the big match a year in advance. As it is Rock WWE probably want to tie him down so he can't back out.

As its Rock you can't really do an injury angle when he will be doing movies, premieres, talk shows etc going forward.

To be honest a slap in the face instead of a handshake would have been more interesting but as the pay off is so so far away I have no idea what I would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I think over the year they're gonna gradually have Cena losing more and more in his feuds and high profile matches. He'll still win every now and then, but the closer we get to Mania the worse he should get. I'm guessing a proper heel turn around Survivor Series time. He gets frustrated and just loses it. Has a team of guys with him, but he just snaps and attacks them. Fans don't know whether to boo or cheer. He doesn't apologise, says he's worked too hard and given too much to the business to be booed like that. Just starts beating into other faces over the next few weeks, while still beating into heels. Shows us he's not sure exactly what he has to do or whats wrong. Eventually we realise that he cant take the pressure of facing The Rock and losing and its gotten to him as mania gets closer and closer.

Ends with the plan "I work day in and day out for the business and I still get booed, You cheer The Rock no matter what he does. I've given more to this business than he ever has. There can only be one hero here. If you wanna boo me, I'll give you a reason to boo me. I'm gonna take out The Rock so everyone will know, John Cena is the top."

Younger fans and some new ones go into mania cheering Cena and wanting him to earn the spot as top dog, older fans boo him not wanting to see The Rock beat by fruity pebbles.

^^
    B
    W
    E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I don't think there is a need really. People know where The Rock is going. You can't have him sidelined on Raw and then have him knocking about the place on talk shows, making movies etc. It isn't like other wrestlers who have been "taken out". It would just be unnecessarily silly.

I guess they should have hammered home that he had prior business to attend to (making movies). That would also let him say that when he takes on Cena he only wants to do it when he can give his undivided attention and on the grandest stage of them all. They sort of said that but it was lost in the muddle.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    ^^
    B
    W
    E

Bah, I'm not usually that in-depth. Only when I'm drunk/hungover/ppv time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

They should of revealed the Secret GM to be the rock it wouldn't make a lot of sense cause he interupted him but it would of been a way to keep the character alive for the next 10/11 months. This feud will end with Cena winning & a load of people saying Taker should job out at Mania to Cena to put his heel character over.Amazing that after beating HHH & Hbk back to back at Mania by submission & Cena still apparently isn't over for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Cena said he's gonna try and win the WWE Championship and have his match with Rock for it, so assuming he does win the title at some point then I reckon Rock wins Royal Rumble thus setting up the match. A bit obvious, and sort of pointless considering they've already agreed to the match but still... It's WWE. Rumble will have something to do with it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

If Cena does win the WWE Title, I could possibly see him holding it until the Rumble and The Rock costs him the match.

I see zero point in having Cena in the Rumble. It won't make sense and waiting for The Rock will overshadow everything else.

They should use the opportunity of Cena having the match with The Rock to build a feud with 2 other people over the WWE title. You know a feud with the WWE champion where at some stage one of them at least mentions that the title is on the line at Mania!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Me and a mate were talking about this the other night and we came with an idea that could work. At the 2012 Rumble, have Cena finally win back the WWE Title from Miz/Punk/Orton or whoever after months of trying a failing and ultimately using dirty (heel) tactics to win it. Have him walk off with the title after the match to a chorus of booooos from the crowd.

Then the Rumble match itself will be up, it will be down to the 30th (or 40th) entrant with 2 top stars left in the ring. The timer for the final entrant counts down to zero, with nothing happening for another few seconds until the arean explodes with "IF YOUUU SMMEELLLLLLL, WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN......."
    Obviuosly the place would go nuts, The Rock runs in and clears out one of the other competitirs in the ring. Then have him either win the Rumblr outright or have Cena come down and distract Rock to end up him being eliminated!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure if this has been posted yet and it is relevant to this topic; The American Airlines Arena is advertising Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's return to WWE Raw on May 2nd in Miami, FL.

• Advertisement

I'm 100% against either of them winning the rumble. Ruins the opportunity for one of the other championship matches and it isnt needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Not sure if this has been posted yet and it is relevant to this topic; The American Airlines Arena is advertising Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's return to WWE Raw on May 2nd in Miami, FL.

Yeah it's for The Rock's Birthday Celebration:
    THE PEOPLE’S CHAMPION- DWAYNE ’THE ROCK” JOHNSON -RETURNS TO HIS HOMETOWN OF MIAMI- LIVE AT THE AMERICANAIRLINES ARENA

TO CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY!

BE THERE LIVE IN MIAMI FOR THE ’BIGGEST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION ON TELEVISION!”
    (http://www.aaarena.com/default.asp?aaarena=38&objId=320)

I'm guessing we will see the Celebrations being interrupted by either Miz or Cena - to maybe start the heel turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

@TheRock
    Dwayne Johnson
    It's official: I'm celebrating my birthday on RAW! In my home town Miami on May 2nd. THE PEOPLE'S BIRTHDAY! A historic ROCK RAW...

find out on May 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Meh, it'll be shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ive some sort of feeling that they will do rock and cena in a tag team match with each other againist someone the rock has faced before to get him into the grove of wrestling again maybe with jericho, hhh, kane or big show

With a family like Rocks he will have no problem finding people to train with. In a recent interview (With Jay Leno) he said he has a ring at home and still works out in it so he doesn't lose his timing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i think its pretty obvious where this fued is going, i ''predict'' the rock putting cena over at wrestlemania next year, and it wont be for the wwe title, because considering the rock is not back in any way on a regular basis, then putting him in a title match is just giving the result away. i reckon after the rumble we'll get training video's of rock preparing for the match, a few video's of him studying cena's matches and how he can stay out of the painfull cena stf :D, coupled with a few live appearances and then the match at mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

@TheRock
    Dwayne Johnson
    It's official: I'm celebrating my birthday on RAW! In my home town Miami on May 2nd. THE PEOPLE'S BIRTHDAY! A historic ROCK RAW...

find out on May 2nd

Lets hope its like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »
    ive some sort of feeling that they will do rock and cena in a tag team match with each other againist someone the rock has faced before to get him into the grove of wrestling again maybe with jericho, hhh, kane or big show

Riley and Miz perhaps

Rock and Cena's match dont need to involve the title and any of them winning the rumble imo. I think Rock will put Cena over at their Mania match and it will end with them "respecting and hugging" each other. I think as it a huge match Vince might try and have some angles outside of WWE shows like maybe talks shows Fallon or Kimble to get more press for the next year's Mania. I hope Rock pops up every now and then on Raw and some ppvs.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Riley and Miz perhaps

Rock and Cena's match dont need to involve the title and any of them winning the rumble imo. I think Rock will put Cena over at their Mania match and it will end with them "respecting and hugging" each other. I think as it a huge match Vince might try and have some angles outside of WWE shows like maybe talks shows Fallon or Kimble to get more press for the next year's Mania. I hope Rock pops up every now and then on Raw and some ppvs.

cant remember if it was Vince or Rocky in an interview but I do remember one of the orriginal ideas thrown around about Rocks involvement would be a couple of Rock Raw's. Apparently a guest hosting spot was deemed not enough for the rock and they had yet to come up with the WM host idea but I remember that term being used a few times. I wouldent be surprised if there are 2/3 Rock Raw's throughout the year building to the road to WM, the first probably being his birthday, maybe later they might be more phoned in like him GMing via satelite from wherever he's filming etc.

Advertisement