Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MENTAL ILLNESS AND MUSIC? CAN YOU HELP?

Options
  • 16-04-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi All,

Appreciate you visiting this thread. Am going to keep it short and sweet but currently working on my life burdening dissertation. Its going well but I really need some opinions.

The topic, as I'm sure you have well guessed, is Mental Illness and Music.
    I am curious to hear your views, if you yourself suffer from a mental illness, or know someone etc. who uses music to help them.

For example, I have spoken to many fans of the well-known American band 'Blue October'. Not sure if you have heard of this band, but a lot of fans approached me with incredible stories of how this band have helped them when suffering from depression, bipolar disorder etc.

And I am interested to hear of others who use what we will call 'Music Therapy'

Thank you for reading and your help :)

Advertisement