Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The metal gear solid question

Options
  • 16-04-2011 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Alright lads i first thought of this few years ago but i just been talking to my friends on facebook and they found it hilarious..its a ridiculous thread so if ya want to delete it feel free but has anyone thought of this by any chance or was it just me.

Solid snake : is he named after a penis hard
    in mgs3 : snake lost his eye and became one eye snake
    Liquid Snake: need i say more

its abit too coincidental then it all refers to the same thing that makes me laugh when i first thought bout it , maybe i just need to grow up :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Huh?

+1 :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Oh lord

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Theres tons of gay humour in the MGS series anyway, Kojima has a twisted sense of humour for that kind of stuff, sure the climax of MGS2 is you legging around bollock naked doing cartwheels holding your junk and getting eyed up by the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

hmmm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

krudler wrote: »
    Theres tons of gay humour in the MGS series anyway, Kojima has a twisted sense of humour for that kind of stuff, sure the climax of MGS2 is you legging around bollock naked doing cartwheels holding your junk and getting eyed up by the guards

Well that's more of Japanese thing. Check yatzees review of jakuza 4, he nailed it.

That almost all jap games are homo erotic is a fact, but solid snake = penys? Eh?

Anather thing that just make Mgs games funny for the rest of the world - over done drama. I could not wait to finish fecking mgs4 so I could quit all this emo drama bananza

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

All that humor died in MGS4 due to it being a sad story, to be honest I can see the comic relief in MGS games, not any ones that were plain just gay humor, but still, I appreciate games for fun and story not code names with double meanings

James bond Character: Pussy Galore...... must I say more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    All that humor died in MGS4 due to it being a sad story, to be honest I can see the comic relief in MGS games, not any ones that were plain just gay humor, but still, I appreciate games for fun and story not code names with double meanings

James bond Character: Pussy Galore...... must I say more?

mgs4 lowest point was the Noami/octagon scene , why he cared for her so much when there was no strong relationship to begin with.
    dialogue was not as good as previous mgs games.

mgs4 lowest point was the Noami/octagon scene , why he cared for her so much when there was no strong relationship to begin with.
    dialogue was not as good as previous mgs games.

Dialogue and Music kind of lacked but the step they took between the differ of gameplay from the MGS 1,2,3 engine to number 4 was amazing, just look at resident evil; the new engine is terrible, but in over all story and how the pieced elements together from the first game and the third and the fourth was mind blowing.

mgs4 was a good game but as a huge mgs fan i am i was somewhat disappointed in solid snake final mission
    Opening cutscene was just the perfect start to build up the game with graphics , snakes speech and the war going on
    then it just got too ridiculous with the cutscenes.
    not enough gameplay to begin with and i would over look it if the cutscenes were great but some of it was just too cliche, like naoimi discussing to snake bout foxdie , it could of being explained in 5 minutes and shes just talking Bo**ox. there was just too much moaning going on and for a game that was suppose to be the perfect game to do snakes final mission justice wasn't as good as people made it out to be. still was a very good game and i forever hold it as a gem but even kojima said himself he screwed up on mgs4.
    To me its like this

MGS3
    MGS1
    MGS peace walker
    MGS4
    MGS2
    MGS Portable ops

• Advertisement

mgs4 was a good game but as a huge mgs fan i am i was somewhat disappointed in solid snake final mission
    Opening cutscene was just the perfect start to build up the game with graphics , snakes speech and the war going on
    then it just got too ridiculous with the cutscenes.
    not enough gameplay to begin with and i would over look it if the cutscenes were great but some of it was just too cliche, like naoimi discussing to snake bout foxdie , it could of being explained in 5 minutes and shes just talking Bo**ox. there was just too much moaning going on and for a game that was suppose to be the perfect game to do snakes final mission justice wasn't as good as people made it out to be. still was a very good game and i forever hold it as a gem but even kojima said himself he screwed up on mgs4.
    To me its like this

MGS3
    MGS1
    MGS peace walker
    MGS4
    MGS2
    MGS Portable ops

In terms of my favorites its

MGS1 (Flawless in everyway)
    MGS3 (Amazing Music, Story, Voice acting)
    MGS4 (didnt grip me as much as the previous games did, and found it a tad confusing but loved it none the less)
    MGS2 (what can I say..... Raiden..... thats it)
    MGS PO (Would have been 1000 times better if the recruitment thing was a huge element of it and the levels were more story driven rather than locations for recruits)
    and then AC!D 1/2 (just something I used to amuse myself I guess)

never played Peacewalker, my PSP's died before I got a chance to use it, damn things are unreliable....

In terms of my favorites its

MGS1
    MGS3
    MGS4
    MGS2
    MGS PO
    and then AC!D 1/2

never played Peacewalker, my PSP's died before I got a chance to use it, damn things are unreliable....

ah man thats sly , mine been working since 06 , though the screen has afew scratches snd a few dead pixels but still works like a charm.

ah man thats sly , mine been working since 06 , though the screen has afew scratches snd a few dead pixels but still works like a charm.

Mine just gave up working, they became glitchy then just died, still have them in my wardrobe and have several memory cards off them.

Mine just gave up working, they became glitchy then just died, still have them in my wardrobe and have several memory cards off them.

you getting that psp2 device when it comes out , i think i seen somwhere that its backwards compatible so you could get peace walker for that , should work wonders then cause of the second analogue stick . psp as much as i love it its horrible designed , end up getting scrambs on my thump and trying to aim by pressing triangle square circle , x is a pain.

Nah dude, im an Xbox gamer now, MGS is the only PS game I will ever play, though Metal Gear Solid: RISING is coming out soon enough, look fun.

Nah dude, im an Xbox gamer now, MGS is the only PS game I will ever play, though Metal Gear Solid: RISING is coming out soon enough, look fun.

im not too sure bout rising man , from what i seen it looks to heavy on the hack n slash game , though im a fool i buy mgs condoms if they came out so i hope its good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

end up getting scrambs on my thump

that sounds painful if i knew what it was

Skerries wrote: »
    that sounds painful if i knew what it was

What the hell did i write last night :confused::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Metal gear on nes is great according to the AVGN :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Moffat16

i dont understand why konami never brought the Twin snakes game to ps2 which was more popular..money to made there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Moffat16 wrote: »
    i dont understand why konami never brought the Twin snakes game to ps2 which was more popular..money to made there

It was popular but, unfortunately it was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Has retr0 shown up yet?

No?

THANK CHRIST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

er wanna send it onto me :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement