Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's going MidLans?

Options
  • 16-04-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who, that reads this Forum, is going to MidLans?

Attendees:

Sinister
    Vanyd
    Funky
    Jhax
    Chicks

Maybe:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I'm going.

Jhax.478

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i would to go,whens it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Starting: 6PM Friday 22/04/2011
    Ending: 6PM Sunday 24/04/2011

http://www.midlans.org

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

i r attending, if i fix my car by then.

Xios

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

hope there's a decent amount of people for sc2 !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

Going, most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Funky wrote: »
    hope there's a decent amount of people for sc2 !

Minimum pot of 100. Guess like your paying for petrol on the way home ;)

For the people who have "if" in the comment. Please make sure to confirm by Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Xios wrote: »
    i r attending, if i fix my car by then.

Xios

Negatory, car is not fixed, :(
    Plus i'm invited to a mega session over the weekend, haven't been to one in a while, so i shan't attend this year. I'll be at the sc2 lan next month for deffo though.

Can't edit OP anymore lolz. Forums suck - - Enjoy the piss up wherever you are but I'm pretty sure we'll be boozing as well :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

How did it go? How many people were there? Who won sc2? Runner-ups? How big was the prize eventually? Pics\videos\vods\replays?

Well it was by far the biggest Tournament but it was pretty badly organised.

First 2 rounds were BO1 and the entire Tournament was Single Elimination...

Funky won, he got 60€. He 2-0'd deadlock in the final who won €40. 3rd-place was between Chicks and Freewareplayer.

Yes, they put me and Funky on the same side of the bracket... we met in Round 2 and played a game that lasted about 30 mins? I'll upload the replay if I get time tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Funky won, he got 60€. He 2-0'd deadlock in the final who won €40. 3rd-place was between Chicks and Freewareplayer.

Yes, they put me and Funky on the same side of the bracket... we met in Round 2 and played a game that lasted about 30 mins? I'll upload the replay if I get time tomorrow!

Gogo. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wqere there spectators for the games? like were there lil sc2nerds standing around behind the players computers basking in master league play?

Nothing special, we played a LOT before the Tournament and knew each others style pretty well so I went mass bio anticipating no/late Colossus.

Funky vs Sinister - MidLans 2011

wqere there spectators for the games? like were there lil sc2nerds standing around behind the players computers basking in master league play?

Aye, our corner (Vanyd, myself, Chicks and Funky) got quite a lot of attention that weekend.

People kept watching me play super meat boy the game is hard enough without people staring down your back and laughing when you die :( (damn you chicks!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Deadloc

Only won €30 im afraid.

I disagree about it being badly run although i would of changed some things. (at least bo3 in all rounds)

As to spectators there was a good interest in Sc2. Apparently there was a nice few people watching me
    but i didn't notice(too immersed :P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

Columc wrote: »
    People kept watching me play super meat boy the game is hard enough without people staring down your back and laughing when you die :( (damn you chicks!)

Haahaha! ^^
    Dude I was buzzed, it was hilarious! :D

Deadloc wrote: »

I disagree about it being badly run although i would of changed some things. (at least bo3 in all rounds)

It was run ok, iit was orgainsed badly(brackets/rules/rounds etc)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well Deadloc thrashed me as expected. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Jaysus I should have gone along, sounds like easy money. :(

Orizio wrote: »
    Jaysus I should have gone along, sounds like easy money. :(

Yeah, if you were in upper-half of the bracket :P (That's a joke!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

It was run well but yea the format could have been better in my opinion. We finished up the tournament pretty damn quick and single elim with bo1's is pretty unforgiving.

And we had a Protoss!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Plenty of lads I was talking to after watching the competition were saying that they must get back into it/get it/get better, so it definitely had a positive impact on the other LANners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

should have gone and thrown some invites to the lan we are organising in dublin 28th may..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Deadloc

should have gone and thrown some invites to the lan we are organising in dublin 28th may..

I mentioned it to a couple of mates. ;)

said they would come

Advertisement