Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning T bolt or Sako Quad in .17HMR

Options
  • 15-04-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hey can anyone help im looking to get a .17HMR either one of these in synethic stock but dont know which one and was wondering can any who has one tell me about them to help me choose please. any comments and help will be much appreciated and thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

a friend of mine has the t-bolt synthetic in 17HMR, it looks lovely, feels lovely, its light and it is so quick th cycle the bolt. it also comes with a second magazine in the butt which is a real +. They also shoot great groups at 100yds.

cant coment on the sako as i dont know anyone who has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭niteowl84

thats one of the reasons why I was looking at it that it has the spare mag in the butt stock,can you tell me how much it cost new?

i think he paid around €700-€800 for it. I would buy one myself but iv reached my quota on firearms:(. Iv heard that the sako quad is also a seriously accurate gun, but if it was my choice i wouldnt even look at the sako, but thats just me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I got a new Sako 2 weeks ago & have to say i'm very happy with it. also looks gorgeous, feels lovely in the shoulder & is light IMO. Cost 850 but if you utilise the switch barrel set up it works out not being very expensive

Do u use the switch barrel LH?

• Advertisement

niteowl84 wrote: »
    Do u use the switch barrel LH?

Not yet. I've still got a .22 which i'd have to sell to justify getting a .22 barrel for the Quad. I don't know if there are many doing it here but i did plenty of reading before i bought & a lot of the Yanks bought the multiple barrel package & it works for them.

lefthooker wrote: »
    Not yet. I've still got a .22 which i'd have to sell to justify getting a .22 barrel for the Quad. I don't know if there are many doing it here but i did plenty of reading before i bought & a lot of the Yanks bought the multiple barrel package & it works for them.

Ya I was thinking about trading in my 22 for the quad but the guards dont really know much about the licensing for them well any guard I asked anyway. Do you have any idea how it works for 2 different barrels with one action?

Ya I was thinking about trading in my 22 for the quad but the guards dont really know much about the licensing for them well any guard I asked anyway. Do you have any idea how it works for 2 different barrels with one action?

im almost certain you need a fac for a second barrell as its in a different calibre

Xplor.er wrote: »
    im almost certain you need a fac for a second barrell as its in a different calibre

Correct as far as i'm aware. You need a license for a second barrel. But if you have 1 stock & 1 trigger that your used to & a decent scope with tactical turrets that you can dial in clicks for different zeroes it could work out as a good set up.

What is a FAC? If I get the hmr and then go for the 22 barrel I have a resetting scope that im almost certain I could use for both calibers.

• Advertisement

What is a FAC? If I get the hmr and then go for the 22 barrel I have a resetting scope that im almost certain I could use for both calibers.

Fire-Arm Certificate

Xplor.er wrote: »
    Fire-Arm Certificate

oh ya sorry:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tikka22250

i was just browsing t-bolt cos I'm thinking of buying one and came across this thread.just wondering if u purchased one and is it accurate,also are they available in a thumb hole??tanks

tikka22250 wrote: »
    i was just browsing t-bolt cos I'm thinking of buying one and came across this thread.just wondering if u purchased one and is it accurate,also are they available in a thumb hole??tanks

there not available in thumb hole, as far as i know

:eek:tanks for that.bit foolish not 2 offer one in thumb hole since its main rival cz is available in both.disappointing but still think its the better gun regardless

tikka22250 wrote: »
    but still think its the better gun regardless

My Quad would like to disagree with you:D

i take it ur happy with the quad!!best of luck with it...

Advertisement