Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felt F5

Options
  • 15-04-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with this bike, or any thoughts on it?

I'm a 1st time road bike buyer. The 2010 F3 (same frame/fork as the F5) was the 2010 Cycling+ bike of the yr. The 2011 model is only 7.9kg with 105 and entry wheels, so is very upgradeable! (900g frame, 300ish fork)

It's not too bad looking either..
    FeltF5.jpg

I was originally looking at the Giant TCR Advanced 2010, which is 1850e. However, Im a medium, and the smaller Giant bikes seem to have a bigger slope in the top tube, and Im not mad on the look.

I was also looking at the Wilier Izoard Petacchi, a lovely lovely looking bike. However, at 2200 its more expensive. Not overly mad on Campag Veloce. Also, the frame is 300g heavier than the felt, and fork over 100. Cycling pursuits are selling the Silver/White Izoard for 1550, so I dont know if I could justify 700 for a paint job!

I plan on buying a frame some time in the future for a winter/commuting bike, and would transfer the components from this over. That frame would be more sportive based, so I want this to be a really fast, racey bike.

Any opinions? Any kind of feedback/chat welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I think the F4 and F5 have the same carbon fibre, but the F3 F2 and F1 have a slighty more expensive carbon fibre, dont think you could notice the difference in the feel not unless your a real power horse, i had a F5 trained and raced on it for 2 years couldnt find any fault with it at all and was a joy to ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

Hi Levitronix, thanks for the reply. while I don't disagree with you, cycling plus has it in their review that it's the same.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-felt-f5-11-40661/

Perhaps it is the F2 and F1 that are a higher grade carbon, speaking of which, does anyone happen to know if this is t600, or t700 carbon? It would be disappointing if it was low grade

Advertisement