Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a new top end device running stock vanilla out of box?

Options
  • 15-04-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

Why isn't anyone making them? Does Google have anything planned. I just ordered the nexus s as a compromise. You can keep your sense, touch wiz, timeframe etc etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Oh yeah and I don't want to root

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

You could get one of the top end devices and just use a different launcher, like adw or launcher pro, they're free and you don't need to be rooted

Zagato wrote: »
    You could get one of the top end devices and just use a different launcher, like adw or launcher pro, they're free and you don't need to be rooted

I know I can and I have done in the past on my desire, but it is still unnecessary bloat, taking up valuable real estate and memory, reducing performance and battery. Having used sense aswell its far more integrated than just the launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

What do you mean you ordered the Nexus S as a 'comprimise'? That's probably the fastest phone you'll get out at the moment on Vanilla android. It's definitely the fastest phone in Ireland. The Desire HD or Arc don't compare with Sense/Mediascape over it.

LukeS_ wrote: »
    What do you mean you ordered the Nexus S as a 'comprimise'? That's probably the fastest phone you'll get out at the moment on Vanilla android. It's definitely the fastest phone in Ireland. The Desire HD or Arc don't compare with Sense/Mediascape over it.

What I mean is there are a spate of new phones on the horizon with dual core processors and better hardware in general but all have the manufacturers crap on it. Is Google gonna release a really high spec phone like this without the crap. I just wish vanilla android was more ubiquitous, its perfect as it is and relatively small in size.

Vanilla gb is about 60mb so the hardware can be put to really good use instead of running 200mb plus operating systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 cqms13

lg g2x is stock android:cool:

dual core etc

fastest stock phone out there

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

cqms13 wrote: »
    lg g2x is stock android:cool:

dual core etc

fastest stock phone out there

That's debatable as it's only on Froyo as where the Nexus S has Gingerbread. You're not going to notice that much of a difference between the Nexus S and a dual-core phone anyway. It's still one of the fastest phones and it will continue to be as it's 'the google experience'.

To answer you question, Google most probably won't be releasing a new Nexus for atleast a year, maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

The next Nexus is rumoured to be out for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

That would tie in with when the last two were released.

Advertisement