Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get zip file to open for users on my webpage

Options
  • 15-04-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've got a zip file uploaded as a google doc which I've linked through my wordpress site. Essentially is there any kind of code which I could use for the zip download box to open on wordpress rather than the user having to navigate away from wordpress to the google docs page?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Just upload the .zip to a folder on your server and link to it there. When the link is clicked the user will have the option to open or download.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

do you mean web hosting sites? I tried this with box.net but it doesn't have enough storage space, the ones which do probably have malware. I don't have the means to set up my own server.

Upload it to a folder in your wordpress site. Or am I missing something>?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Ah yes, this is what I thought too, wordpress doesn't support the uploading of .zip files.

Then FTP it to the folder? I'm sure you could modify WP to allow zips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement