Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing a book for charity

Options
  • 15-04-2011 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi

Im hoping some one can give me some pointers.

my mate is looking to do an information book, the book wil be on a subject that alot of people dont fully under stand. We fully understand the subject as our job is based around it. We will be giving all the proceeds of the book to a charity. All of the information is available online free of charge and there will be no copyright infringement.

My questions are
    1. Another chap is doing a similar book for a charity, I assume its ok to have two people doing a similar type of book?
    2. How much does it cost to get a book printed in Ireland I looked on a site lulu.com I think it was and it was coming in at 2k to get 500 copies of a book done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭bigsmokewriting

Have heard good things about http://originalwriting.ie/ as well - might be better deal if local?

>> All of the information is available online free of charge and there will be no copyright infringement. << Is it available from you guys or it is someone else's wording (and, implicitly, research, even if it's stuff that's reasonably commonly known in your field)? Just double-check that... even if it's for charity there could still be issues there. :)

Advertisement