Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving while on the phone.

Options
  • 15-04-2011 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

How long does it take for the fine to come though the door? I have been stopped 3 weeks ago while coming from Kildare, and got 2 penalty points and 60 euro fine, so the girl told me. But have not yet received anything.

I hope she forgot about me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

She might have forgot/ not bothered. Mine took about 1 week. and when it did it had the wrong offence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

It was my birthday on the day, so lets hope she felt sorry for me, and wont give me the fine as a birthday present!

Anna23 wrote: »
    How long does it take for the fine to come though the door? I have been stopped 3 weeks ago while coming from Kildare, and got 2 penalty points and 60 euro fine, so the girl told me. But have not yet received anything.

Were you asked to produce any documents? If so the Garda would wait the 10 days before issuing the ticket because if you don't produce you will be summonsed for all the offences together. Also, some Gardaí wait until they have a few together and then send them off to the Fines Office. Once there they are processed and the fine is sent out.
    It was my birthday on the day, so lets hope she felt sorry for me, and wont give me the fine as a birthday present!

If you hadn't been holding the phone while driving you wouldn't have been stopped and potentially got yourself a fine on your birthday. It's well publicised that it's an offence and if you have a licence then I'm sure you read your rules of the road which tells you it's an offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I really hope she didn't. It's illegal and mildly dangerous.

Crime: Not a huge one.

Attitude: get it fixed. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

They should increase the fine to 200 euro IMO and use that cash for better Garda resources. Its unbelieveable the amount of people with the phone in the hand.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I agree Corkie. Getting a clamp removed costs more than potentially risking lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

antodeco wrote: »
    I agree Corkie. Getting a clamp removed costs more than potentially risking lives!

Exactly the whole points and fine system is a joke but thats for another thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

I don’t need anyone to criticize me, was just wondering how long it will take to get the fine, and thanks to the people who did answer.

Much appriciated!

Anna

I don’t need anyone to criticize me, was just wondering how long it will take to get the fine, and thanks to the people who did answer.

Much appriciated!

Anna

You're welcome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement