Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson allow bootloader unlocking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

nedd wrote: »
    Check out this page, if you have a new SE you may be able to unlock the bootloader.

http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/

So long as the phone was bought unlocked. Still it's a move in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Interesting while HTC are going one way, SE are going the other. I wonder if we will see an increase in popularity of SE Android phones as a result of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Sounds like a healthy approach. Your phone - hack it at your own risk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

In the worst case, unlocking the boot loader will cause physical injuries or material damage, for example, due to the phone overheating.

Woah. Extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Lads has anybody bought a 'locked' Arc or Play from a network and tried to unlock the bootloader yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Lads has anybody bought a 'locked' Arc or Play from a network and tried to unlock the bootloader yet?

I'm taking a wild guess and saying that they are probably able to tell if your phone is SIM locked by the IMEI, but I couldn't be sure of course.

Also ironic that Sony Ericsson is happy to unlock the bootloader on their phones, yet when Geohot jailbroke a PS3 Sony went overboard with law suits.

Advertisement