Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value of Irish one pound note 1928

Options
  • 15-04-2011 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,
    A relative has asked me if I have any idea how much an Irish one pound note (Lady Lavery)from 1928 is worth. I have tried to find out from different websites but most seem to have value of coins rather than notes.
    This person has no intention of selling but just curious as to it's value and/ or rarity.
    I wonder if anybody has any idea? I don't have the note so I cant provide the serial no...but just a general idea would be nice to tell her.
    Thanks for any help:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

155652.JPG

Source: Dublin Coin Auctions Catalogue. (just got it today at the RDS stamp fair)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dublinrose

Thanks a million for that MasterSon, I really appreciate it- I'll pass on the info- I think she'll be chuffed though she has no intention to sell...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Szarik102

A nice condition 1928 £1 would be worth more, about 1000 Euro for a good example. More for Uncirculated (like a new note from a cash machine).
    10.9.28 would always be worth more than 23.10.28 in a given condition.

Advertisement