Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Momochi is insane

Options
  • 14-04-2011 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just found out that Momochi is grand master in BP with 3 characters in AE. *Collectively the BP is higher than Umehara, although I know that doesn't count* But seriously in the top 5 of 3 seperate characters in the BP rankings??? Insanely impressive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Just found out that Momochi is grand master in BP with 3 characters in AE. *Collectively the BP is higher than Umehara, although I know that doesn't count* But seriously in the top 5 of 3 seperate characters in the BP rankings??? Insanely impressive.
    Link? Info?
    he's playing Makoto now I heard, played Akuma in vanilla and some Ibuki and Ken in super. Did this really need a new thread? Could you not have posted it in the SSF4 section or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

How can he afford it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

http://www.streetfighter4forums.com/showthread.php?6059-Japanese-Arcade-Character-Specific-Ranking-April-11th

Honestly I didn't really see a problem with posting it as its own thread. If you google ssf4 ae bp rankings you'll always find the latest. Sometimes in only two weeks certain characters can have a big difference so its worth checking if it interests you.
    Yeah he dropped akuma for ken because he said he felt priority on a aggressively strong ground game was more important.

You know, as far as affording it goes which in my opinion is always a good question, I have no idea! But I'm pretty sure if you can play for 3 hours without losing you do it all on the same coin like.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Armitage Shanks1

Absolute beast,does he just sleep at the arcade or something? Is Umehara the only one with Ultimate Master rank in...well the world i guess? EVO should be really interesting this year.Havent seen much of these guys play on AE yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ultimate Master is a rank given to the top player at the end of the month; Mago had it last time IIRC.

Also, please understand that the true monsters (Umehara, Mago, etc.) have Win-rates of 80%+ and they play for 3hrs a session, minimum.

However, BP points in arcade accumulate much faster than online.

And yeah, I don't see anyone but the Japanese taking top honours in AE at Evo2k11, especially with that gigantic head-start.

• Advertisement

I thought U.Master ment you had to hold 1st for two weeks straight without dropping to second once?

My main thought is as far as I'm aware nobody in the u.s has switched to Yun as a full main and Umehara being Umehara if no one has a lot of practice against a god-tier or even s-tier Yun Daigo will literally beat the piss out of everyone, but too be fair I usually find myself rooting for the japanese most of the time anyway (Tokido mainly, I'm in the process of ordering a murderface t-shirt!!!)

Kind of off topic but Andre is my favourite u.s bison (maining bison myself) but I was going through srk in the dictator forums and he must be one of the most condescending douche-bag players I've ever heard, never meet your hereos I guess :(

It might mean holding first place for two weeks,i have no idea.I just noticed it beside his name on the list and figured it meant he had more points than any other players.Maybe he doesnt,i cant be arsed to look through them all to find out :pac:

No, your correctamundo, it is the most BP but it's just that realistically if the top t2o are close enough the title could switch ever few minutes so it's either every two weeks or a month they name the person. I'm pretty sure since the release of AE it's been more or less jumping between Daigo and Mago but I think daigo has held it the most.

Man, I really wish we had arcades :( DAMN YOU CULTURE!!!!

I actually got to play it recently when i was in America,had a couple goes with Oni and Evil Ryu,both were unlocked,i didnt get to mess about in arcade mode though as there was always people waiting for a go and i was getting beasted on everytime anyway but yah they seem like fun characters,Ultras look badass.Never even tried Yun or Yang but watched a couple other people use them.

Sweet man, would have loved to get to play by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Why quote the person above you? there should be a rule against that.. pointless really.

and Momochi is a amazing player, he is almost always near top of the jap's bp rankin anyway just because he is top with 3 char's doesn't really shock me.

He can afford it by other ppl paying to play him continuously. technically its not a hugh amount of money he's used to get those ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Why quote the person above you? there should be a rule against that.. pointless really.

it's not pointless for the times you reply to someone and your post is top of a new page, or in a fast moving thread where when you click reply it might not be directly below the person's post.

On topic, Daigo is going to own Evo free this year no question imo.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    it's not pointless for the times you reply to someone and your post is top of a new page, or in a fast moving thread where when you click reply it might not be directly below the person's post.

On topic, Daigo is going to own Evo free this year no question imo.

100 percent man. I've seen a few vids but really can't wait to see how he's going to blow everyone up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I dunno Mago said he would go to EVO at the canada cup, If theres anyone that take down the beast its Mago.Fei is top tier too and U2 should surely come in handy with the twins.Add in Magos insane reactions...

There is the Jun factor but we really don't know how good he is, saw some of guard crush 15 and the commentators were all going on how Marn came over for the previous tourney and destroyed everyone with Jun, but from what I'v seen the east coast players are not at the same standard as the top west coast players so that could have had a lot to do with it.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Wow hes playing Cody too, very interesting, thanks for the info and link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kindevu is top 5 in 3 characters too (Seth, Yun, Evil Ryu) though he's not grandmaster with Evil Ryu yet.

Didn't realise kindevu was top 5 with 3 too. Evil Ryu is understandable and it's really only a short matter of time!

Advertisement