Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which shoes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Try on a pair of shimano shoes in your LBS for size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jenos

Hi the shimanos are not very comfortable on long tours. My boyfriend has the r063and does 140-160k road tours during summer and he says his toes go numb after 100k. As for size he was a 45 but had to return them for a 46 so order one size up. Also if you register here, log in and then add shoes to your basket they are a bit cheaper than CRC.but you only get the discount if you are logged in first.
    http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Apparel/Shoes/Shoes+-+Road/Shimano+R077+Shoes_BR077.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Also mind that your feet will most likely swell on a ride.
    Which can make lose fitting footwear become tight and restrictive after a couple of hours on the bike.
    I have Shimano's R076 in size 47 and have to take out the under sole's for room even tho I'm UK11.5 in normal shoes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I went for the DHB MTB shoes last autumn, which seem very similar to the road shoes apart from the sole. No complaints so far. I went a size bigger to accommodate thermal socks for the winter, and wouldn't want them any smaller now regardless of sock size. Reason I chose the MTB, was because I'm using SPD cleats, and wanted recessed cleats to allow some comfortable walking. Works ok in this regard, but you wouldn't want to be walking too far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

i have the shimanos and find them to be brilliant. not a single problem so far, would 100% recommend them as a good starter shoe

Advertisement