Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First post - Song & video

Options
  • 14-04-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi guys, this is my first post in the songwriting forum. I've been writing my own songs for many years but apart from a brief stint at gigging in the late '90's I haven't had the guts (self-confidence) to take it any further. Last night I bit the bullet and uploaded a song & video to YouTube and I'd really appreciate any opinions, criticism, thoughts etc. If you like it and think you know anybody else who would then passing on the link would be greatly appreciated.

The song is about my schoolday's in the late 60's and early 70's when corporal punishment was the norm.

The song & video can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BO6-uIlt8Y

Thanks
    Derek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jodyWayne

Awesome song and performance. Pro quality. The beat, the vocals perfect. It actually has a 60's sound. Which I absolutely love. Well done!

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Witchy.ie

Wow, what a review. Thanks mate that does my confidence a world of good. Cheers for taking the time to listen and comment here. I really appreciate it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jodyWayne

Witchy.ie wrote: »
    Wow, what a review. Thanks mate that does my confidence a world of good. Cheers for taking the time to listen and comment here. I really appreciate it. :D
    You're welcome! The truth is the truth! Like it or not, you have a new fan. Did you write all that? I'm just a guy that writes a song now and then out of boredom, but you have a real quality to your work. I never get to hear my songs with musical accompaniment. It must be a thrill for you to produce something like that. I can only imagine what that would feel like. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. You keep going and you just might be the guy who makes it. Trust me: I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. I wish you all the success you so richly deserve.

Take care my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Witchy.ie

I can't tell how much your comments have meant to me, really it made my day. Thanks so much. Yup it is a real buzz doing this but nothing compared to having people like you take the time to comment. It's a real shame you never get to hear your own songs put to music, may I ask why? If its just a case of not playing an instrument why don't you consider getting a keyboard and hooking it up to your computer. I have a small usb keyboard http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMA25S.aspx that comes with multi-track software that lets you build up a song and mix it really easily. Its a good place to start if you haven't learned to play an instrument.

As far as other songs go well I'm currently recording two more but it's early days yet, I don't know if you saw the link on the video but I have another track here:

http://thisturbulentpriest.bandcamp.com/track/so-many-different-people

Despite putting it up online, I've decided to put more work in it because I'm still not completely happy with the result so far. It's very different in style from "Fortunate One" much more rock oriented.

Advertisement