Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historical Weather Patterns (well, from a month ago)

Options
  • 14-04-2011 4:27pm

Hi there,

I've had a look around some of the usual websites and can't seem to find any answers - anyone have a clue where I could find a detailed record of what the weather was like in the past? In particular I'm looking at around the 8th, 9th and 10th of March in 2011, and looking for hourly records if possible.

Thanks!

Dónal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

Dónal wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've had a look around some of the usual websites and can't seem to find any answers - anyone have a clue where I could find a detailed record of what the weather was like in the past? In particular I'm looking at around the 8th, 9th and 10th of March in 2011, and looking for hourly records if possible.

Thanks!

Dónal
    Unless you're willing to pay, here is your best bet. But you won't get hourly data.

If you specified a location, someone here on boards might be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Are you looking for information for a specific location or generally around the country?

This won't totally answer your question, but in our forum weather observations thread for March (now back on page 2 of this forum) you may find some of the information you're seeking.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056195282&page=3

I believe that you can get hourlies and METARs (coded weather obs) for large airport sites going back as far as you want on Weather Underground at wunderground.com ... try that for Dublin and Shannon at any rate. There is a historical weather option you can use to navigate back to the dates you want to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

If you understand SYNOP code then here is what you're looking for.

Here's a guide to decoding it

Advertisement