Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer location

Options
  • 14-04-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Simple question. Should I put my (standard, no gps) computer on the handlebars or on the stem?

Benefits/drawbacks of each?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Putting it on the stem leaves more space on your handlebars for hands/lights/any other attachments, which is a plus (the bigger the computer, the more you gain from moving it off the bars).

At a stretch, one downside is that putting it on the stem probably means it is positioned further back than the handlebars which might make it a little more awkward to look/glance at it under certain circumstances. Though depending on your preferred position on the bike it might actually be easier to see on the stem (while seated). Also, the angle of the stem will dictate the angle of the computer screen, whereas on the handlebars you can rotate the mount to whatever angle suits you best for the screen, so while it is on the stem it may he harder to glance at while out of the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Always on the stem, more room on the handlebars.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starstreamer8

Thanks lads, exactly the info I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Careful though, its a slippery slope......

DSC00640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Indeed

instructables-eee-pc-bicycle-mount.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Careful though, its a slippery slope......

DSC00640.jpg

Yeah but to be fair to Lumen he does tone it down a bit for racing, that's just his training rig :D

Advertisement