Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a Little Help with a project

Options
  • 14-04-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I am redesigning a new website, I need help with the code to center the digital book on my website. I would also like to move the digital book down a little from the links bar.

http://www.irishmediaguide.com/Media%20New.html

Any help would be much appreciated.

Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Firstly, I'd advise you to really clean up the code on the page.
    Use CSS rather than line-breaks and random blank paragraphs to space out your content.

Now on to the issue itself.

The <div class="content"> in which the digital book is nested - you should rename that to something else... Something more relevant. Since the feature is unique (to this page anyway), you could use id instead of class. It really depends what you have planned for the website.

Anyway, once that's done, add this little piece of CSS to any of your stylesheets:
    div .digitalbook table {margin: 10px auto; text-align: center; clear: both;}

In this example, I assumed that the class name of the div is digitalbook. If you opt for the id version, then use #digitalbook instead of .digitalbook

Should work, if all tags are correctly matched..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brendan552004

Thank you very much for your very kind advice.

Brendan

Advertisement