Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karrimor Brand Cycling clothing

Options
  • 14-04-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

New enough to cycling but I noticed Sports World (Heatons) have cheap cycling gear, is it any good??

16euro padded shorts and 10euro jerseys compared to 50euro shorts in the local bike shop.

Do I need to fork out the big bucks to stop my a$$ killing me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭bikermartin

i only have cheap clothing, a cheap aldi/lidl shorts and jerseys, jackets etc. also have karrimor gear. have used them all for last 18 mths . all washed at 30 deg short wash. never had any problem with any of them so far. the bonus for me anyway is that all the gear is plain colours ;):D.

i cover approx 40 to 60k spins so they all have been good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Do I need to fork out the big bucks to stop my a$$ killing me??
    Depends on your anatomy. I don't need expensive shorts but others do. I haven't tried heatons but I do stick to the budget end of the brand names.

No harm in trying the cheap ones out first then upping your budget if they don't work out. DHB shorts on wiggle.co.uk are reasonably priced (for cycling shorts) and people here seem to like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

i have the shorts and jerseys from heaton and so far on pains or quality problems

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

I've never tried the cycling gear but if it's anything like Karrimor footwear, it'll be great. Good brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm the same as jeffwode. I've had a karrimor bag since ('08) got it off my dad and it was already 2 years old, Still perfect so no complaints. I saw them in sports world and was very tempted but my penneys Adidas 3/4 lengths are fine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

thanks everyone.
    My scabbiness has been vindicated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

My favourite pair of mtb shorts, that I have worn about twice a week for the past 4 years are Karrimor. Would definitely recommend.

Advertisement