Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitrocellulose Lacquer

Options
  • 13-04-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Hello

Would anyone know where I could buy Nitrocellulose lacquer?I can find it on ebay but noone will post to Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Just a guess, have you tried anyone that supplies the paint for car resprays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Sorry forgot about this tread.I found a guy that will post it from the Uk but only by surface post.Cheers for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

try pat odonell westmeath havent got his no. at mo but he should be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Morrells Woodfinishes. (number easily found), these would be the handiest I'd imagine. available in 5 liter tins, and 25 liters.

ICA paints I think.

There's someone else in Ballymount in Dublin that also sell this. It's quite common.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Brooks should have it in stock.

• Advertisement

Cheers for all the help.I picked this up last week from a very helpfull guy in the uk.He coloured in slighty cherry red free of charge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Hi,

Sorry for re-floating this but it seems getting these cans of nitro lacquer it's very difficult for everybody.
    Can you send me the details for this man please?

Thanks.
    Cheers.
    Luciano

lucianot wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry for re-floating this but it seems getting these cans of nitro lacquer it's very difficult for everybody.
    Can you send me the details for this man please?

Thanks.
    Cheers.
    Luciano
    Im not at home at the moment but I should be able to find it for you.The dealer is very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.I have used him many times since.

Found it.Contact them and let them know what colours you want and they should be able to make it up.
    http://shop.rothkoandfrost.co.uk/

Thanks, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

;) Light Hardware Supplies (tel 067 31471,) just outside Nenagh supply all my needs at a great price.
    Give them a buzz when you need any finishes.In general, Nitrocellulose has given way to pre-cay lacquers but I'm sure is still available.

• Advertisement

;) Light Hardware Supplies (tel 067 31471,) just outside Nenagh supply all my needs at a great price.
    Give them a buzz when you need any finishes.In general, Nitrocellulose has given way to pre-cat lacquers but I'm sure is still available.

Sorry, double post slipped through.

So they will paint it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

lucianot wrote: »
    So they will paint it for me?

I'll do it if u want?

Do you offer such services? I need to know first how much will it be please.
    Can you send me a PM?
    Cheers.

I am thinking on filling my own cans. Anybody would be interested on buying basic colors like blonde or butterscotch for Telecaster?

Advertisement