Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHATS THE BEST 3KG KITS

Options
  • 13-04-2011 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I have a batch on the go at the minute, but I have been looking thru a few kits for my next batch, I'm just wondering what wld be a good batch to jump to next, What wld you reccommend that is a good pint. I have been looking at a few like woodfordes,muntons and milestone kits etc, Have any of you nice folk had any experience with these kits or maybe another kit you can put me in the right direction to get. Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've tasted a few of the Woodfordes kits and they've been universally good, Wherry in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

What sort of drink wld it be close to beernut? I have heard a few good stories online about milestone have you ever had some of that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Wherry is an English bitter.

I don't recall ever tasting a Milestone kit, but have heard lots of good things about the Black Pearl stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    I've tasted a few of the Woodfordes kits and they've been universally good, Wherry in particular.

yep they where good alright

Yeah beernut that was the kit I have been hearing and reading about which is held in high regard, I might give them both a try, I have been giving some more equipment so I can do 2 batches at once now which is handy but I have one on the go at the moment, I might go with the milestone as im a stout drinker by heart and give it a bash and keep you informed to see if its up to scratch :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

hey, sorry to drag up an old post but how did the Milestone Black Pearl Stout turn out? I'm on day 2 of my first ever brew and already thinking about what to do next!

Hey mate, I still have a few bottles left, I must say it's a georgous stout, It gets better with age, It's one of those drinks the longer you leave it the better it tastes, I have a few bottles of woodfordes norfolk ales kit and It is also well worth getting, One of the nicest drinks I have tasted again the longer you leave it the nicer it seems to get, Highly recommended , You can't go wrong with either mate gl whatever you choose

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Good man yourself! So I'll have to brew up the black pearl asap so if I really need it to age. How's the coffee element in it? I love coffee and was considering dry-hopping with coffee beans and hops.

It was ok mate, i don't like it to strong, it was just perfect for me, Different strokes for different folks as they say, I really enjoyed the beer, if you like the coffee taste then you might want to do it your way, i just went with the kit as it was one of my first brews, i didn't want to over complicate it

Advertisement