Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny restaurant advice...

Options
  • 13-04-2011 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Will be going out for a meal next week in Letterkenny, have it narrowed down to Lemon Tree, Yellow Pepper or La Fantasia. Just wondering what people think is the best one or if there's anywhere else even better. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bellarose

I would pick La Fantasia. Have eaten there and the food is excellent and not too expensive. Don't let the building put you off, staff are very friendly and well worth the drive out of town:)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

If you like Indian food id highly recommend Shapla a bit expensive but well worth it quality of food and the service is top notch!

From the 3 you mention id go for yellow pepper again a bit expensive but you can look forward to a great meal but the lemon tree and la fantasia are up there with it as well your not going to go wrong with any of them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

All depends what you want really, I actually like Arena 7 it is a restaurant but not as "formal" as some of the places mentioned as it has a bowling alley ect, which puts some people off which is a shame because the food really is top notch in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

The Lemon Tree is a bit small, can get very warm and feels claustraphobic. I love the Yellow Pepper, haven't been in ages. Never heard of La Fantasia so can't comment. Enjoy wherever you go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭swillybabe

Was in Yellow Pepper a few weeks back and food wasn't nice. Have heard great reports about la fantasia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Was in The Yellow Pepper last weekend and it was lovely but I'm a big fan of La Fantasia.
    Yellow Pepper will have higher possibility of hen parties (was one there on Sat) but its in town so if heading to the pub is handier.
    La Fantasia still wins on the food though. Giuseppe the waiter really knows the food and is so enthusiastic about it. Davide is a cracking chef too. We always enjoy the experience there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

La Fantasia is one of the best in Leterkenny IMO. Check out its reviews on tripadvisor.com. Just thinking about the food in there is making my mouth water ;)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g212516-d1774447-Reviews-La_Fantasia-Letterkenny_County_Donegal.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Tin Tai

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

La Fantasia any day of the week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I would recommend beetroot on the port road, but it closed down this week :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

retalivity wrote: »
    I would recommend beetroot on the port road, but it closed down this week :/
    Beetroot is gone? That's a shame. It's sad to see all these small businesses close, all over the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭suzerxxx

la fantasia for sure!!! arena 7 does do ver nice food too but not italian

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Donegal Skies

La fantesia for sure. Its better than anywhere i tired in Rome when i was on holiday. In fact the best restaurant i have ever been to. Its all about the food there and not how much they can get out of you which is defiantly case for most places in LK and the rest of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ConorH.

That new place stateside American Diner is ment to be tops!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭suzerxxx

ConorH. wrote: »
    That new place stateside American Diner is ment to be tops!!

where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

suzerxxx wrote: »
    where is that?

Me brother was just telling me about this today, supposed to be the Business! Its out in riverside retail park in letterkenny, next door to the sony centre where the Italian (i think it was) used to be.

Its a different scale to la fantasia though, their portions are miniscule but the stateside, its called, have massive portions from what i hear.

they have a facebook page with a map here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Me brother was just telling me about this today, supposed to be the Business! Its out in riverside retail park in letterkenny, next door to the sony centre where the Italian (i think it was) used to be.

Its a different scale to la fantasia though, their portions are miniscule but the stateside, its called, have massive portions from what i hear.

they have a facebook page with a map here

Ate in La Fantasia the other night, didn't find that at all. I couldn't finish my meal in fact which is a rare event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Its a different scale to la fantasia though, their portions are miniscule
    Never found that myself, and I've eaten there a fair few times.

Advertisement