Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indonesian tribe who's eyes evolved differently??

Options
  • 13-04-2011 7:59pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok help me out here. Someone just told me they saw some show about an indonesian(possibly) tribe who's eyes are different to everyone elses in that they have an extra layer which enables them to see under water perfectly without goggles etc. I didn't really buy it and can't find anything on the web about them. Is it true?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you have normal vision and the water is clear you don't need special eyes to see underwater. Did you never try picking up a coin or similar from the bottom of a swimming pool?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

looksee wrote: »
    If you have normal vision and the water is clear you don't need special eyes to see underwater. Did you never try picking up a coin or similar from the bottom of a swimming pool?

yea I get ya, my underwater vision is pretty poor but I know people who can see really well, but they were adament that these people have an extra layer on their eyes, I reckon they're wrong tbh, but can't tell them that til someone who knows better debunks it for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

The program was called Human planet.
    Their eyes did not evolve differently, just accustomed to working underwater.

Advertisement