Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2011 Video-Game

Options
  • 13-04-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hello People,
    I Dont Know Did Anyone Here About The New Game Being Made For The Competition In The Autumn!
    I Made A Video About It! If Your Interested!

So What Do We Think About It Its NOT Being Made By EA Sports But 505games and HBSTUDIOS!! Lets Pray To BOD That Its Good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

STADEdeLUC wrote: »
    So What Do We Think About It Its NOT Being Made By EA Sports But 505games and HBSTUDIOS!! Lets Pray To BOD That Its Good

HB made the last games as well EA were just were just the publisher

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

NTMK wrote: »
    HB made the last games as well EA were just were just the publisher
    ok thank for that! so rugby 2008 was good in my opinion so hopefully with tweeks this could be special! really looking forward to online play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Rugby 08 eventually gets good after you adapt to how annoying some of it is. But it's old and slightly forgiveable at this stage. I've been waiting ages for a new rugby game so hopefully this will do the job. Only thing annoying me is that it looks like club rugby is going to be left out. The announcement from the Rugby World Cup camp said players can pick from the 20 participating teams, nothing about Top 14, Super 15 or Heineken Cup etc. Personally I found more fun out of playing Munster V Leinster Heineken Cup games on the 08 game!

Should be great fun online too though. One other thing, does EA not being involved mean licenses and such have been lost? I really don't wanna play as Ryan O'Briscoll!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Rugby Challenge (out Q3 2011) hold some exclusive SH licenses (definately the S14 and ITM cup AFAIK). Rugby 2011 has only confirmed as licensed the World cup thus far (but more announcement are expected). Some speculation that European competitions + teams may be included but nothing official.

• Advertisement

niallon wrote: »
    Rugby 08 eventually gets good after you adapt to how annoying some of it is. But it's old and slightly forgiveable at this stage. I've been waiting ages for a new rugby game so hopefully this will do the job. Only thing annoying me is that it looks like club rugby is going to be left out. The announcement from the Rugby World Cup camp said players can pick from the 20 participating teams, nothing about Top 14, Super 15 or Heineken Cup etc. Personally I found more fun out of playing Munster V Leinster Heineken Cup games on the 08 game!

Should be great fun online too though. One other thing, does EA not being involved mean licenses and such have been lost? I really don't wanna play as Ryan O'Briscoll!
    Would Be A Shame If This Game Was The Pro Evolution Of Rugby! However I Strongly Believe That This Game Will Be Top Notch

marco_polo wrote: »
    Rugby Challenge (out Q3 2011) hold some exclusive SH licenses (definately the S14 and ITM cup AFAIK). Rugby 2011 has only confirmed as licensed the World cup thus far (but more announcement are expected). Some speculation that European competitions + teams may be included but nothing official.
    Ya Heard That The Wallabies And All Blacks Are Exclusively Licensed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ig5eq31o34 This Is An F&Q I Made About The Game Very Good Information If Your Interested

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

niallon wrote: »
    Personally I found more fun out of playing Munster V Leinster Heineken Cup games on the 08 game!

Completely agree with that one. Heineken Cup is a must for me!

I'm a bit sceptical about the quality of the game cos given that it's due for release in just over 3 months I'd have expected some screenshots by now.

• Advertisement

Remouad wrote: »
    Completely agree with that one. Heineken Cup is a must for me!

I'm a bit sceptical about the quality of the game cos given that it's due for release in just over 3 months I'd have expected some screenshots by now.
    Its A Country Only Game Man:D
    And Also No Screenshots Released Due To Licensing Issues i.e all blacks, wallabies

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

STADEdeLUC wrote: »
    Its A Country Only Game Man:D
    And Also No Screenshots Released Due To Licensing Issues i.e all blacks, wallabies

Rugby 08 was released for the last world cup and it had club competitions so it's not much to expect that this game will too.

no licencing issues with the Six nations so they could easily use any of those teams in screenshots.

Anyone got any updates?
    It's less than 3 months until the world cup kicks off and I haven't heard anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Remouad wrote: »
    Rugby 08 was released for the last world cup and it had club competitions so it's not much to expect that this game will too.

no licencing issues with the Six nations so they could easily use any of those teams in screenshots.

Anyone got any updates?
    It's less than 3 months until the world cup kicks off and I haven't heard anything new.

The game WON'T have any club sides at all. It's purely International Sides. Looks exactly like Rugby 08.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Stev_o wrote: »
    The game WON'T have any club sides at all. It's purely International Sides. Looks exactly like Rugby 08.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Rugby Challenge has the club sides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Any videos of gameplay or anything? At this rate, the game is going to flop badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

kensutz wrote: »
    Rugby Challenge has the club sides.

Is Rugby Challenge getting released over here I know the World Cup game is coming out in late August but haven't read anything about a release date of Rugby Challenge over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is Rugby Challenge getting released over here I know the World Cup game is coming out in late August but haven't read anything about a release date of Rugby Challenge over here.

i imagine its coming out here when its got the english club teams .should be before the WC to capitise on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

GTR63 wrote: »
    NTMK wrote: »
    i imagine its coming out here when its got the english club teams .should be before the WC to capitise on it.

Yeah it's being released here. No date has been announced yet but one will be made soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Any videos of gameplay or anything? At this rate, the game is going to flop badly.

Rugby Challenge has a number of screenshots available if you want to look

http://rugbychallengegame.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/23385.php
    The new RWC 2011 video game
    The new Rugby World Cup 2011 game will feature the home of Irish rugby as well as many player likenesses

Further to the announcement of the forthcoming release of Rugby World Cup 2011 on August 26, international publisher 505 Games and developer HB Studios have today announced the game's exclusive partnership with the Irish Rugby Football Union.

The official licensing agreement grants the exclusive use of the Rugby World Cup 2011 Ireland team strip, emblem, many player likenesses, and the home of Irish rugby in Dublin, within the game.

With further licensing deals to be announced in due course, Rugby World Cup 2011 will be the authentic rugby gaming experience this summer.

Rugby World Cup 2011 is the official game of the 2011 tournament in New Zealand and HB Studios and 505 Games have been granted the exclusive rights for the tournament's official game by Rugby World Cup Limited.

"From a developer perspective, working with an official license always opens doors on the way to creating a more immersive gaming experience," commented Alastair Jarvis, General Manager at HB Studios.

"At HB, we feel uniquely placed when it comes to rugby game development, and tying up a deal such as this only makes our dream of creating the definitive, authentic rugby title achievable."

RWC 2011 Game

The first rugby title on this generation of consoles, Rugby World Cup 2011 will feature the home of Irish rugby as one of its many showpiece stadia.

Many player likenesses for the Ireland squad have been secured and implemented into the game with HD presentation detail extending to the inclusion of thigh tape, wrist tape, finger tape and scrum caps.

Rugby World Cup 2011 will challenge players to pick from the 20 Rugby World Cup participating teams and attempt to lead their team through the pool phase, and progress to the final with the opportunity to lift the prestigious Webb Ellis Cup.

National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured as participants will fight for the pride of their nation in either solo play or with up to three other players in local multiplayer matches.

For the first time, HB Studios will give players the chance to fight for the glory of their country online by challenging other players to one-on-one matches on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation® Network.

"As with any sports title, we feel authenticity is key with Rugby World Cup 2011, and with that in mind, the involvement of the IRFU was an essential element of this title," commented Ian Howe, President, 505 Games.

"With further partnerships yet to be announced, we're confident rugby fans from around the world will be impressed with the roster of likenesses and stadia within the game."

Padraig Power, IRFU Commercial and Marketing Director, said: "We are delighted to be involved in this project. The Irish rugby brand is very strong at the moment and this game brings our team, our brand and our sport to new markets and new supporters. We hope all Irish rugby supporters enjoy it immensely!"

Rugby World Cup 2011 will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system on August 26.

For more information please visit the official website at www.rwc2011game.com, and you can also log on to www.facebook.com/rwc2011game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The Rugby World Cup 2011 demo went live on PSN and Xbox Live yesterday in case anyone didn't know!

The demo features England v South Africa with the match set in Auckland to give players a taste of the biggest sporting event to take place this year. The demo is meant for players of all abilities and will give everyone a taste of the Official videogame of Rugby World Cup 2011. It is a 540MB download

pack_rugby_world_cup_2011_ps3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Downloaded the demo for Xbox the other night. Graphics looks terrible, like something from the Playstation 2 and the controls seem to have been designed for 3 year olds.

Very disappointing. Reminds me of that God-awful Gaelic football game on the PS2 a few years ago.

The demo really is awful. If I didn't know this was a PS3 game I would have said it was a PS2 or PSP release, the graphics and controls are just terrible, I actually rate Rugby 2008 a better game. Granted it's only a demo, I don't see the full release having a major overhaul from it. I fear we could have another 'Gaelic Games' on our hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

NUTZZ wrote: »
    The demo really is awful. If I didn't know this was a PS3 game I would have said it was a PS2 or PSP release, the graphics and controls are just terrible, I actually rate Rugby 2008 a better game. Granted it's only a demo, I don't see the full release having a major overhaul from it. I fear we could have another 'Gaelic Games' on our hands!

To be fair the demo should allow the player to play the whole game, and not on just easy difficulty. Way too easy, so no one will take it seriously.

Graphics are poor, gameplay in the demo is poor as well, but harder difficulties could provide better gameplay.

Love the 'authentic stadium' the 'Home of Irish Rugby' :p

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    To be fair the demo should allow the player to play the whole game, and not on just easy difficulty. Way too easy, so no one will take it seriously.

I wouldn't mind the demo only being one half, a lot of sports games demos are the same. However you should definitely be allowed to change the difficulty setting as it is way too easy!

On a side note, does anyone else find it more difficult to play when playing as England? I can rack up ridiculous scores with South Africa but not so much with England!

Advertisement