Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc or Samsung Galaxy S2?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

hi there,
    i have an upgrade available now on vodafone,
    my options are Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc for 90euro (can get that now) or
    Samsung Galaxy S2 for i'm guessing around 200euro in a month or 2.
    i'm currently using the sony ericsson Aino so my upgrade will be
    my first smartphone.other than the dual-core processor on the galaxy 2
    if there many other diferences and would that make a huge difference?
    would like to hear your thought and opinions.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The Arc is meant to be a bit of a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

draffodx wrote: »
    The Arc is meant to be a bit of a let down.

Where so? The majority of users on XDA and mobile-review seem to be very positive on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

the only bad thing i've read about the Arc is the video recording
    isnt as good as people expected,but from the sample videos i've seen
    they look alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The Arc does appear to be a massive improvement over last years SE efforts at an android smartphone. By all accounts it seems to be a fine phone, and does have a very nice design. The galaxy s2 defintiely has more of a wow factor about it though, from the super amoled plus screen to the dual core chip, its definitely a more high end device. Its another question again though whether the dual core chip brings about any actual difference in performance. Personally i'd go for the galaxy s2 just because it'll be among the best phones out there, thats just me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Where so? The majority of users on XDA and mobile-review seem to be very positive on it.

From online reviews and my own hands on experience, for an SE phone its pretty good but it's not a top of the range phone that I thought it would be. The design is weird, looks stylish but doesn't feel like it. If it was a bit cheaper I'd imagine consider it as a better phone at the price its at now I was expecting more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Having access to both and admittingly being a bit of a SE fanboy, having just gone from the x10 to the arc for my personal handset.

For the average user the galaxy is a nice handset, looks good and screen is great. The dual core I Sony think is needed just yet on any handset (for the average user) dont forget Samsung cheaped out on the manufacturing of the galaxy last time and feel it may be the case again.

The ARC yes its sleek and sexy, looks like theres not much different with the x10 is actually underlying what lot of people asked for. They having made the mistake of coding every packet of the firmware so the updates should be pretty quick and consistent with android releases. The camera is A1 not something I look for in a phone but you dealt notice the examore and bravia functions working side by side. Lot better than the 12mp cybershot camera on the satio I had.

Iv noticed a few comments about camera so herds a pic iv taken with the ARC DSC_0016.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

From online reviews and my own hands on experience, for an SE phone its pretty good but it's not a top of the range phone that I thought it would be. The design is weird, looks stylish but doesn't feel like it. If it was a bit cheaper I'd imagine consider it as a better phone at the price its at now I was expecting more.

Which reviews? Thought it felt and looked great personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Not from the reviews I read either, look pretty positive to me, dual core is not suppose to be that much better either. Personally I will be getting the arc once I sell my phone and can't wait

Advertisement