Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set Broadband to wirless??

Options
  • 13-04-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hiinste

i have a broadband router and wondering how to change it to the wireless setting, instead of hooking up the enternet cable eveytime which is annoying.

So if anyone can give me step by step guidlines to do do would be really thankfull:D

Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Healy Boy wrote: »
    Hiinste

i have a broadband router and wondering how to change it to the wireless setting, instead of hooking up the enternet cable eveytime which is annoying.

So if anyone can give me step by step guidlines to do do would be really thankfull:D

Thanks....

Hi Healy boy,

Thanks for your query.

If you have an eircom modem (Zyxel or Netopia) the easiest way to set up wireless is to follow the step by step guides on eircom's Support Website :

You should also ensure that you have your wireless security information (This can be located immediately listed below 'Find the Security Key').

www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Connect to Wireless' (Netopia)

http://bit.ly/edPbu7 - 'Connect to Wireless' (Zyxel)

If you have a non-eircom modem the following website may be helpful :

http://bit.ly/gAeN8i - Setting up thrid party modem

(if you have any problems opening the above websites, please copy & paste the URL into your Internet browser address bar.)

If your modem is not listed on the above support sites, you may need to contact the vendor or consult your modem user manual (for setup).

Let me know if you need further assistance with connecting wirelessly or with any other matter.

All the best,

Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Healy Boy

i have an eircom modem but the tutorials show you if your internet is wireless already... i want to make my router wireless ?????????????/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Healy Boy wrote: »
    i have an eircom modem but the tutorials show you if your internet is wireless already... i want to make my router wireless ?????????????/

Hi Healy Boy,

Thanks again. If you're using one to the following eircom modems :
    Netopia 2247, Netopia 3347 or Zyxel P-660HW, then all these modems are already wireless enabled.

If you're using an earlier eircom modem (e.g : Netopia 3300 series), then these modems are not wireless enabled.

If you have accidently turned off wireless on your eircom modem, you can easily turn it back on by simply resetting your modem. To reset your modem: Keep power on modem, push a pin into the reset hole at back of the modem. Hold pin for 7 - 10 seconds. The lights may flash off. Wait 3 minutes. Once this is done, your wireless will be re-enabled.

If you need to purchase a wireless modem. You can purchase a new wireless Zyxel modem from eircom Sales, at a reduced cost ; approximately €50.

If you wish to avail of a free eircom wireless modem replacement, then all you need to do is agree to a new 12mts contract.

You can refer to previous links in order to connect your computer device to your modem; e.g : www.eircom.net/tutorials - setting up wireless.

Let me know if you still need further assistance on this, or if you wish to avail of a Free wireless modem as outlined above.

Kind regards,

Ant

Advertisement