Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aistriuchan/translation!

Options
  • 13-04-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Dia dhuit, I have an Irish interview very soon and I would really appreciate any help in translating these sentences in to irish with proper grammar. Below is my attempt at some of it.

"Well, to be honest, there is not many jobs in the area of law at the moment with the economy. As well as that, when I was studying criminal criminal law in college I came to understand that I could make more of a difference in children's lives as a teacher than as a solicitor. I have always been interested in a teaching. I really enjoyed working as a Cinnire in an Irish language course and also as a coach in my local gaelic club. i taught kids the rules of hurling and gaelic. In January, I had an interview for the postgrad in Pats. 1500 people applied and there was only 50 places. I did not get a place however I was not discouraged and I went looking for work experience in primary schools. I spent a week shadowing in Scoil Mhuire and last week I had a week of work experience in Scoil Bhride. I learnt how important it is to structure the day for the children and also how to teach well. I really enjoyed it.

"Bhuel chun na firinne a ra, leis na cursai eacnamiochta, nil a lan postanna dli le fail sa laethanta seo. Chomh maith leis sin, nuair a raibh me ag staideir dli coirpeach, thig me faoi deara gur deanfainn nios mo difriocht mar muinteoir....

...Thaitin se go mor liom."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

How about you finish your attempt first and then ask for grammar corrections. It's fairly lazy to ask us to compose an interview script for you, if you're meant to be able to speak Irish to have got this interview in the first place.

Advertisement