Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiki's recommended parts

Options
  • 13-04-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭

Quick rundown of everything stick.
    Use this as a guide, since I won't be placing any orders myself until late summer-ish.

Best places to buy: (in order)
    1. AkihabaraShop.jp
    2. eTokki.com
    3. ArcadeShop.de
    AkiShop is simply the best since you can order individual parts; e.g. for the "parts refresh".

Upgrade paths:

(For Madcatz TE/Hori RAP sticks)
    Parts refresh
    This is for when you are happy with your current button colours, and just want to get maintenance done.
    Also saves you 50% & shipping compared to buying a new stick & buttons.
    • 1x Sanwa TP-MA (Joysticks->Accessories)
    • 6x-8x Sanwa SW-68 (Buttons->OBSF->dropdown)
    • 1x Sanwa JLF-SP (Joysticks->JLF->dropdown)

(For Madcatz TE/SE, some* Hori RAP)
    Seimitsu-fied
    For when you want to try something different.
    Also note how Seimitsu sticks are a good bit cheaper than Sanwa JLF :)
    • 1x Seimitsu LS-55-01 or LS-32-01* (Joysticks)
    • 6x-8x Seimitsu PS-14-G (Buttons)
    *NB: LS-32-01 may not fit on certain HRAP models

Other additions

If you want something fancy/expensive in your stick:
    • Seimitsu PS-14-K, PS-14-K-N, PS-14-P buttons -- note that PS-14-K uses a smaller, lighter microswitch
    • Sanwa OBSF-30RG -- high-end button from Sanwa, rated to 10x lifetime of standard OBSF-30. Very slightly harder to the touch.
    • Sanwa OBS-30A -- Much heavier button from Sanwa, rated to 10x lifetime of OBSF. Same resistance as a joystick microswitch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

Hey Kiki, any opinion on the OBSF-30RG or OBS-30A buttons? or even know some at casuals that use's them? I think I like the sound of heavier resistence but would hate if I wasted the money

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I haven't seen or played on OBSF-30RG nor OBS-30A yet (too poor :rolleyes:)

From what I understand, in terms of resistance:

OBSF-xx < OBSF-30RG <= PS-15 / PS-14-K < PS-14-xx* < OBS-30A

So the RGs are a tad lighter than Seimitsu PS-15 buttons which you might find in some people's sticks (I know Voa has them).

Another thing to note about the RGs is that they require a deep enough case (but TE / HRAP should be fine):
    switches.jpg

Image: Switches left to right: Cherry microswitches, Sanwa OBSF, Seimitsu PS-15, Seimitsu PS-14-xx, Sanwa RG

If you want heavier resistance, I can recommend PS-14-xx buttons.
    I wouldn't be too sure about OBS-30A, but that's 'cos I haven't tried them yet.

* PS-14-xx are PS-14-G (flat top, snap-in) and PS-14-G-N / PS-14-K-N (convex top, screw-in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

Thanks man, that helped a lot. Think I'll ask around on some forums and check out a few reviews for the OBS-30A. I'll be changing art on atleast one of the two sticks so think I'll design everything first to have some time

Advertisement