Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strain - Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan

Options
  • 13-04-2011 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Anyone read this? Almost finished it and can only think "Meh". Was expecting sooo much more from Guillermo. Can't say I heard of Chuck Hogan before this.

Interested in hearing others thoughts given the rave reviews it seems to have received

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Saw this in Easons last week and was going to buy it only because it had Del Toro's name on it but I decided fugg it and bought Stephen Kings Under The Dome instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

If you're going to buy it get it in Chapters which is were I got my copy. €5.99 for the hardcover. I'd say it costs a fortune in Easons.

EDIT: That was the reason I bought it. And from looking online it appears that GDT had very little input apart from writing the first couple of chapters or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 north cider

Hiya,
    i have read the strain and it's sequel, the fall. I enjoyed them both but kept comparingthem/thinking i have read this before bit better to the necroscope series by brian lumley !! :)

Advertisement