Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Fire in Field in Kildare

Options
  • 12-04-2011 11:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok this might be a bit weird, i wasnt sure what forum to post it in but here may be appropriate. On the way home from work tonight (Dublin to Athy) Just after Kilkullen turn off on the motorway, I spotted a fire in a field to my left, i was on the motorway heading towards carlow direction. At first glance i thought nothing of it, it just look like some stuff burning, but i had to take a second glance at it. The ground was dug up behind the fire in a fashion like something had hit past the tree line slid along the ground and started burning where it stopped.

Now i know this will sound weird but i would compare it to the image we have of say supermans ship crashed, you know with the ground dug up behind, or a crashed ufo\meteor type situation. I was just curious if anyone else drove by here this evening and seen this? or even if someone knows what it was i was looking at, it seriously looked like something had crashed there! it was big too, id describe the size of the fire as about the size of two cars beside each other with the trail of earth dug up behind it.

And im not making this up, i might not have described it well, but it was definitaly there, i had my fiancees sister in the car with me and she seen it too and we both agreed it looked like something had crashed.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Check it out in the daytime and take a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Did you call the Gardai or Fire Brigade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

keithgeo wrote: »
    Now i know this will sound weird but i would compare it to the image we have of say supermans ship crashed, you know with the ground dug up behind, or a crashed ufo\meteor type situation.
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    Check it out in the daytime and take a picture.

StorkLanding.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha honestly thats what it looked like, ill take a look again today on the way home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

could be where the tractor/trailer has marked the ground whilst preparing said fire?

anyway, report back any potential alien dna you come across!

• Advertisement

Will do, if you dont hear back from me by tonight.. send out a search party.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Anyone up for organising that search party then? :pac:

it was still smoldering away there tonight, must just be a fire with tractor marks leading up to it. No military presence, white tents, MIBs or signs of Alien parasites controlling humans. It was a good thought while it lasted though!

if anyone is going by, take a look to your left after you go under the bridge for the kilcullen turnoff while heading to Carlow on the motorway. its in a field there about 20seconds or so after it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

it was still smoldering away there tonight, must just be a fire with tractor marks leading up to it. No military presence, white tents, MIBs or signs of Alien parasites controlling humans. It was a good thought while it lasted though!

if anyone is going by, take a look to your left after you go under the bridge for the kilcullen turnoff while heading to Carlow on the motorway. its in a field there about 20seconds or so after it.

Y u no take pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

alot of the farmers are burning the rubbish that they are finding in their fields at the moment.
    this is due to them ploughing and finding debris, like logs, bodies and old bushes.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Feck, missed looking out for it on the bus up yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Silence from OP says OP has been dealt with and hushed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

rameire wrote: »
    alot of the farmers are burning the rubbish that they are finding in their fields at the moment.
    this is due to them ploughing and finding debris, like logs, bodies and old bushes.

This could well be it. There are plans by some county councils (not sure which) to introduce fines for farmers who don't clear illegally dumped rubbish off their land, despite the fact that it's others doing the dumping. Could have been a farmer getting rid of a pile quickly.

or maybe the op realised it was farmers burning rubbish, and digging trenches.
    which they are actually still doing.
    there was a tractor and digger there this evening.

above in reply to caseyann

CiaranMT wrote: »
    This could well be it. There are plans by some county councils (not sure which) to introduce fines for farmers who don't clear illegally dumped rubbish off their land, despite the fact that it's others doing the dumping. Could have been a farmer getting rid of a pile quickly.

yep heard that today.
    fines of up to 150,000 for not clearing rubbish off their land.
    absolute madness

Woke up this morning and realised it was just a crashed weather balloon.. ignore my initial post. Cant remember anything thats happened the last two days though.. and my watch is stopped at 12:25 for some reason.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Well let's just hope you were spared the anal-probing.

cartman%20anal%20probe.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1251886204180

Advertisement