Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vocalist/frontman/guitarist wanted for busy dublin band

Options
  • 12-04-2011 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

we are currently in the search for a vocalist/frontman mid 20's to early 30's for a busy dublin rock/pop band, to date we have had a lead guitarist that sang, and a rhythm guitarist that sang but 1 guitarist is leaving to pursue original stuff,

commitment is a massive thing for us, and will expect availability for rehearsals once a week (at the start) then once every 2 wks once our house is in order giggs booked till december, and weddings, and free rehearsal room!

preference is a talented vocalist/guitarist (must play guitar) and must have presence and a bit of attitude, if your a guitarist of lead capabilities and a good vocalist, your elected then!
    would be prob required to work with the other guitarist with vox and guitar parts but essentially the new vox/guitarist is being brought in to front the band,

if ye fit the bill let us know!
    all the lads are cool and in for the banter as well, top class 3k rig and decent venues we gig in, ranging from dundrum, blanch, wicklow, stillorgan, tallaght areas.

Ryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DaveRawk

Hey, I seem to fit the bill for what you're looking for :-)

What kind of stuff do you do?

(I'm based in Dundrum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ryanasaur

hey man, we cover everything from lizzy to chuck berry, we would be fairly guitar rock orientated band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhFhxwu6azA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHF7pAdKnI&feature=related

Sounds good, sent you a PM... Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BIGDOGG

DaveRawk wrote: »
    Hey, I seem to fit the bill for what you're looking for :-)

What kind of stuff do you do?

(I'm based in Dundrum)

pm sent

Not sure if I broke the internet or not, but Wed suits me... PM me with the address etc...

• Advertisement

still auditioning lads, so drop me a line if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭djan

hey guys checked out the videos and was liking what I heard. Wanted to ask how important it is to be able to play guitar as ive just been playing for a year and Im at a fairly basic level...

Hey man, yeah fairly important alright, ye don't have to be amazing or anything like that, a good rhythm player with a wee bit of lead would do being able to grasp it and bed in quickly would be essential too, fair few gigs in and we couldn't afford to get someone in that wasn't up to scratch. more importantly is the voice and presence more than anything else, if yer up to trying out pm me. If vocals were really good we would go with a3piece and a singer

bump!
    still trying out lads! or lassies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jimmypage100

Id be very interested in this if you would be willing to try a separate lead guitarist and singer.I can do backing vocals to an extent but i definitely would not carry a band. I know i would be more than able to look after guitar though so the offer is there if you want to go that route.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Theseasc

Hey lads,

Are ye still looking for someone?

I am a singer / guitarist and have fronted bands before. Nothing fantastic in terms of lead guitar playing but i'm not too bad.

When / where do ye do auditions?

hey lads, private message over your numbers, were looking to get a jam together next wednesday and saturday if that suits?

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭battser

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Theseasc

PM sent

thanks to everyone that replied and tried out but we have found our man..

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

ryanasaur wrote: »
    thanks to everyone that replied and tried out but we have found our man..

thanks again
    Thread closed in that case. Let me know if you need it re-opened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement