Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanbia Graduate programme

Options
  • 12-04-2011 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi everyone,

I've been called to the first round interview with glanbia for the accounting programme on completion of the aptitude test.
    Anyone have any past experience with them or advice that may be useful for my interview. Its a two person panel for the interview, thats all i've been told. Anything out of the ordinary to expect?

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Best of luck!

I have some limited experience with the Glanbia graduate programme.

I would recommend that you have some idea as go what accounting route you want to go. I wasn't on the official Graduate Program but 6 years ago they had a keen interest in CIMA.

Also know where all their sites in Ireland are as you would be on 6 month rotations. Review thier 2010 report and pick out two key pieces of info and the divisions. They have quiet a few - nutritionals, consumer foods been the big ones. They have divested a lot in Ireland in the last few years too - selling co-ops and some divisions.

Also do research on their North American operations. They're fierce proud of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭thefa

I wasn't on the official Graduate Program but 6 years ago they had a keen interest in CIMA.
    Not trying to sabotage the thread but how did CIMA work out for you/them in the medium-long term? Impression on its difficulty? I'm looking into which body to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tazamia

GtiPower wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've been called to the first round interview with glanbia for the accounting programme on completion of the aptitude test.
    Anyone have any past experience with them or advice that may be useful for my interview. Its a two person panel for the interview, thats all i've been told. Anything out of the ordinary to expect?

Thanks in advance for any help

How did you hear? email or post? I did the aptitude tests a couple of weeks ago but have heard nothing since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GtiPower

Thanks for the advice mr edge :)

I got a phone call to arrange the interview and a follow up email confirming it.

Sorry GTI. What I meant above is look at last years annual report and have two nuggets of info for each division. When you are asked a question in the interview try to reference those nuggets in your response.

Also, one thing that I've heard is asked often is how do you plan to study when working down the country? Many of the courses can only be done properly in the evening during the week in Dublin. If you are at any stage asked about your preference for location say that you would appreciate a start in Dublin (Consumer Foods) to allow make solid start to your exams and get the first two or three under your belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mizers

Hey!!

I went for both the 1st and second interview so few tips :)

The first is with the hr and division manager. Its mostly talking through your cv and what route you want to do! Its honestly fine. The second one is the tricky one, its done by the regional hr manager and finance manager. The will ask you all about your degree and to talk through since your leaving cert and why you want to be an accountant. I was asked all about the problems in accounting nowadays etc. Then heres where I fell down, I was asked all about their recent mergers and aquisitions in America. Make sure you know about these and that they deal with sports nutrition and why they expanded to this etc. They went into a lot of detail about it and I hadn't got a clue!

Hope this helps

Self praise for me!

Glad to see that my suggestion to focus on US operations appears to have been well placed for the other candidate.

I left them in 2008 and at that stage it was evident to see where their priorities lied.

They had also commenced a JV for powdered milk production in Africa - could've been Nigeria but not 100%.

thefa wrote: »
    Not trying to sabotage the thread but how did CIMA work out for you/them in the medium-long term? Impression on its difficulty? I'm looking into which body to go for.

Hi thefa,

I have responded to this by private message. Hope it is of some use to you! Not an easy decision.

Cheers,
    Mr Edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shaliz

Hey mr.Edge, i'm interested in your response to which of the professional bodies to pursue, as i'm in the process of making up my mind to register with one. All relevant infos appreciated...
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

I did the aptitude test back on Monday, got the call for interview off them today. Some good stuff in this thread so far!

I take it then that the first interview isn't too bad, and no real curveballs being thrown? No tough economic q's like?

Also, do are Glanbia have a preference for which body you study under? CAI? ACCA? CIMA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mccauga4

tazamia wrote: »
    How did you hear? email or post? I did the aptitude tests a couple of weeks ago but have heard nothing since

What is the test like? I've to do the aptitude test this week.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mccauga4

maninblack wrote: »
    I did the aptitude test back on Monday, got the call for interview off them today. Some good stuff in this thread so far!

I take it then that the first interview isn't too bad, and no real curveballs being thrown? No tough economic q's like?

Also, do are Glanbia have a preference for which body you study under? CAI? ACCA? CIMA?

What is the Test like? Nothing to tricky?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 boardman5xx

Hi, what do the Glanbia ability test questions involve? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SashaH

Does anyone know if all these positions are based in Waterford? Any chance of Dublin or Cork?...:)

Advertisement