Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 15-4-2011 *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Options
  • 12-04-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Just saw this and found it interesting:
    - Wrestling News World reader Alex sent this in... I was at the Chicago White Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays game today, and before the game the White Sox PA announcer said that on April 15th David Otunga will be at the game. I'm not sure what this is worth, but it was announced that Otunga will be showcasing his "championship belt."

(http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/wwe-raw-smackdown-on-playstation-david-otunga-appearance.php)

So could Otunga be winning the IC Title from Barrett on smackdown, or possibly the New-Nexus winning the Tag titles from the Corre?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just saw this and found it interesting:

(http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/wwe-raw-smackdown-on-playstation-david-otunga-appearance.php)

So could Otunga be winning the IC Title from Barrett on smackdown, or possibly the New-Nexus winning the Tag titles from the Corre?

i just hope its not the world heavyweight championship not that its vacant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

ricero wrote: »

Imagine the riots if that happened :eek::eek::eek:

I reckon there could be some sort of battle royal for the vacant World title on SD or else it will be Christain vs. Del Rio at Extreme Rules!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ricero wrote: »

*Shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Edge gets a huge send off on SD this week - I assume he will be on the show to hand over the world title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Yea he will be Liz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

in the line of thinking that every cloud has a silver lining Christian to become WHC soon?Maybe even extreme rules, admittedly it would be harsh on Del Rio as he deserves it for his work since coming in

jmolloy wrote: »
    in the line of thinking that every cloud has a silver lining Christian to become WHC soon?Maybe even extreme rules, admittedly it would be harsh on Del Rio as he deserves it for his work since coming in

Well Del Rio has already earned his spot in WHC title match at ER so hopefully on SD Christian earns the other spot for the ladder match for the vacated title

Christian's feud with Del Rio is one of the better feuds currently in WWE at present. Rey is still feuding with Cody, Undertaker is out, Barrett is IC champion, Kofi, Show and Kane are other options if they are finished feuding with the Corre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

jmolloy wrote: »

Well as someone said in one of the other threads today (i think), maybe Del Rio was supposed to win at Manis, but they found out that Edge was gonna be retiring soon so changed plans and gave him the win at his last ever Mania. If so, then it will be Del Rio as next champ. Either way, we will have a new World Heavyweight champion in the coming weeks (or days)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Some of those matches between Del Rio and Christian in the run up to Mania seem to make a little more sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

SD results:
    Teddy Long announced a 20 man battle royal with the winner facing Alberto Del Rio at Extreme Rules for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship.

Ezekiel Jackson defeated Kofi Kingston.

Cody Rhodes cut a promo and was attacked by Rey Mysterio afterward.

Rey Mysterio pinned Drew McIntyre.

Edge gave his farewell promo and left the World Heavyweight Title in the middle of the ring.

Kelly Kelly pinned Layla. Michelle McCool shoved Layla after the match.

Christian won the battle royal to face Alberto Del Rio for the World title at Extreme Rules. Michael Cole interfered in the match and took a 619 to the back from Mysterio. Post-match Edge came tot he ring and did a five second pose with Christian. The entire roster came to the stage to honor Edge. Triple H came out and embraced Edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sounds like a spectacular ending to smackdown! delighted he gets the send off he well and truely deserves!!

Source
    Alberto Del Rio opens the show up and talks about Edge. He says it's his destiny to win the World Title. Del Rio wants Edge to come out and present him with the belt. Teddy Long interrupts and announces a 20-man battle royal tonight to determine Del Rio's opponent for the Ladder Match at Extreme Rules.

Ezekiel Jackson beat Kofi Kingston. After the match, Jackson cut a promo about being the new #1 contender.

Therapy segment with LayCool and them arguing.

Cody Rhodes cuts a promo on Rey Mysterio. Rey comes out and hits 619.

Rey Mysterio beat Drew McIntyre.

Edge is shown backstage getting applauded by the locker room.

Edge comes out to say his SmackDown goodbye. Big chants from the fans. Edge talks about his career and how he won his first world title in Albany. He introduces his mom who is sitting at ringside. Great speech by Edge.

Alberto Del Rio interrupts Edge backstage and extends his hand. Edge just stares at him and walks away.

Kelly Kelly beat Layla. More tension from LayCool. McCool came in and shoved Layla after the match.

The 20-man battle royal consists of Big Show, Kane, The Corre, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Brodus Clay, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Yoshi Tatsu, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, Tyler Reks, Chris Masters, Chavo Guerrero, Curt Hawkins, Trent Baretta and JTG.

Christian wins and becomes the #1 contender after it comes down to him, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel and Rey Mysterio. Michael Cole got involved and hit with 619 from Mysterio. Edge came down after the match and posed with Christian.

So we have Christian V Del Rio at Extreme Rules for WHC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

For the benefit of those with flash photography (the post SD Edge appreciation bit):
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi3q96_edge-tribute-albany-ny_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Sounds like an amazing SD!

Delighted Edge got a proper send off and am equally delighted that WWE finally seems to be getting behind Christian!

Now if only Teddy Long would learn to pronounce Christian's name properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Just watching Smackdown here.

That Edge compilation was fantastic. The Spear off the ladder, ultimately winning the tag team titles. Mad that the tag team division is virtually non existent at the minute and he busted his hole, doing unimaginable things to make the division what it was at the time.

I wonder will Sky Sports show the full ending of SD (i.e. Edge appreciation)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a good send off for Edge. Pretty emotional.

Also Christian becoming number 1 contender by winning an over-the-top-rope battle royal is a genius idea. :pac:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I had lol at Booker T during the Battle Royal everyone bar Christian he was talking up as potential winners and threats were eliminated straight away after he mentioned them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

its on wwe.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement