Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquarium Safe Silicone

Options
  • 12-04-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I want to user some silicone to create some rock structures in my freshwater tank.

The question is can I use any silicone or is there a brand that is safe?

It's not to seal anything just as a glue to hold togeather some rocks.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

m8 wrote: »
    Hi
    I want to user some silicone to create some rock structures in my freshwater tank.

The question is can I use any silicone or is there a brand that is safe?

It's not to seal anything just as a glue to hold togeather some rocks.

Thanks.

Tec 7, can get it in Woodies or B&B. Just make sure its the aquarium safe one, there's a couple of different types. Think it the yellow one. Think. haven't used it myself, but thats what I've seen recommended, and have seen around.

Most petstores carry aquarium safe stuff as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I used Tech7 for my tank and its perferctly ok to use in an aquariam.

It will seal and grip under water too.Make sure that the tube has the fish logo on the side of it.;)

Thats means its aquariam safe.

I used Tech 7 brown colour to attach dead wood to slate rock and sink it into my tank.You can only get Tech 7 in brown,yellow,black or white for use under water or in an aquariam.They dont do a clear coloured aquariam seal for some strange reason.

Advertisement