Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue With Ex-Boyfriend?

Options
  • 12-04-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey so I saw my ex boyfriend about two months ago on a bus on my way to college.We broke up 4 years ago when we were 17.We were each others first girlfriend boyfriend,together 2 years.

When I was talking to him on the bus he seemed happy and normal.He has a history of some illness and was quite malicious after our break up.He spread a lot of lies and would insult me from across a street if he had a chance.He took up a job in my local pub so I had to see him a lot and the abuse was never ending.On one occasion the Gardai had to be called as he refused to leave my garden while he was drunk but to be fair that was years ago.

After that day I have been receiving 'call me's' very early in the morning on and off for the first month and now it has become every morning at around 6am-8am,he sent me 8 this morning in a row. I replied to him once telling him to stop last month when the texts were less frequent.I'm not sure how to handle it.Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Have his number blocked or change yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

1. Block his number if you can.
    2. Text him and tell him unless he stops contacting you you will go to the Gardai. If he doesn't stop actually do go to the Gardai about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blahblah82

No offence OP, but you seem far too easy-going for your own good. I mean, after all he put you through, to the point where you had to call the gards, you still sat down and talked to him on the bus?
    Did you really think that was wise?
    I agree with what the two previous posters have to say and can I add; stay clear of him if you see him and never talk to him.
    Hope it goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

Thanks for the responses.Sorry should have mentioned that he sat down beside me on the bus,I ducked my head when I saw him but he still spotted me.I talked because he was normal happy in himself.
    I don't give him any attention and it was just that one time on the bus and that one text to tell him to stop with the call me's.

Yea block seems the best advice.I think it is because my phone is on silent always that It doesn't bother me that much but as its getting to be an every day thing now its increasingly irritating me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Block or change your number would be my first option. If he keeps being persistent towards you I would get the guards involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement