Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Fees - legal point

Options
  • 12-04-2011 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I've applied to a Masters which I'm not 100% sure I want to do as am waiting for other things to come through. Trouble is they want a response by end of this week.

I've raked through their website (Uni of Edinburgh) for info, but can't seem to see if I'd be liable to pay fees if I accept and later reject the place (probably in July/August). I've heard of people accepting and then rejecting places on postgrads in LSE (I think) only to be told that they had to pay a 'cancellation fee' or something similar of 1000e.

If anyone could provide me with info it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Not any element of tuition fees, no. However they may have a small non-refundable fee for accepting a place (UL had one of 250 euro when I applied which is why I didn't accept a place until I was 100% sure). Even then UL was the only university I had come across who did that and I accepted/later rejected several places at UK universities with no penalty.

If LSE do charge a fee it's because demand and competition for their places is so high and I can understand why they would do it. I've raked through the Edinburgh T&Cs and there's no mention of any fees for not taking up a place you've accepted. I'd be inclined to say there isn't a fee for doing so, but if you want to be 101% sure you should contact their postgrad office.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

thanks powwow, think I'll give fees a buzz now to make sure as the course is in huge demand and now closed

Advertisement