Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Q.... Credit Card Balance converted to Loan (MBNA)

Options
  • 11-04-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all,
    just wondering if MBNA will convert a CC Balance to a Loan? And if so, how do I go about doing it? Has anyone ever gone down this road?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Hi all,
    just wondering if MBNA will convert a CC Balance to a Loan? And if so, how do I go about doing it? Has anyone ever gone down this road?

Thanks a million

I did that maybe 6/7 years ago.
    I think they stopped doing loans a few years back though, have you tried asking them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Hi all,

Thanks a million

MBNA "no longer offer loans to the Irish market". Wanted to do similar myself and they wouldn't entertain my request at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

If you have savings in the credit union they may give you a loan to pay off the credit cards. My credit union do this.
    You should ask your credit union if they do this. If they do this save with them and after a certain period of time get a loan, pay off cc and cancel cc.
    Get a visa debit card which will use just the money you have in your bank account.

Advertisement