Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby League Season

Options
  • 11-04-2011 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Quick question, when does the Rugby League Season start? I thought it was around July that it starts but I'm not sure. I was considering playing but I won't be available until late May and I was hoping that isn't far too late. If it is I'll have to wait for next year I suppose :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 billy slater

probably too late im afraid. from looking at the fixtures it looks like some teams will have games on the 7th 14th and 21st of may and then season is over for them if ive read it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭big barrie

then theres the return fixtures, home and away. with play offs, the provinces, season set to run till august ,noted that leinster is in 2 divisions yeh iam not sure how they work it out.

dont think that there is return fixture. yes if your team is lucky enough to make semi-final or better then youll have more than 3 games but if not then its just 3 games i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 GRL

Hi All,
    We are starting a team in Galway and always looking for new players?
    If you know anyone wanting to play in Galway can you get them to email galwayrugbyleague@gmail.com

Training starting Wednesday 27th April 7:30 Renmore

dont think there is as much interest this year , western 9 s cancelled the night before it was due to start, despite heavy advertising. numbers down big time at most of the training sessions around the country , and just read a post elsewere that the bulls cancelled training for to night. and the dublin destroyers disbanded .league starts this saturday .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 GRL

Hi all, RLI season is normally from May to September. There are many competitions this year. Including talk of a number of 9's tournaments.
    I would suggest you ask your nearest team about training and join up.
    The length of the Union season is affecting many of the League teams.
    This will change as the summer sets in.
    Enjoy the game.
    GRL

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

Apparently Wicklow have dropped out and will be replaced by tallaght.

anyone know how the 9s comp went.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

i heard that the 9s were cancelled on the friday night, pity. Kilkenny 9s used to be fun and a good chance to size up the opposition for the season ahead.

In fairness though having the 9s on the same weekend as the Kinsale and Carrickfergus 7s wasn't the best planning. Throw in the Heineken and Amlin semis and there wasn't going to be much availability

edenderry unable to field a team also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 NDeagles_man

The club season will continue on right through the summer with a 9s competition. This is because clubs will have players missing in july and august with holidays, interpo matches and ireland A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spursman

cork bulls couldnt field a team today shame. the set up of the league this year is good, its a pity there is still a problem with team unable to field.

dublin exiles also unable to field a team.

Really suprised that the Exiles couldn't field. They had more than 20 players for the game last weeke end. Very tough on Carlow who now have to play the Eagles away after two weeks without games and the Eagles getting into their pace.

Really suprised that the Exiles couldn't field. They had more than 20 players for the game last weeke end. Very tough on Carlow who now have to play the Eagles away after two weeks without games and the Eagles getting into their pace.
    it would be a farce if by any chance the nde could not make it this sat . carlow would top the division and finish first without leaving the locker room for 3 ties .

it would be a farce alright. have to wonder if carlow will stay in comp as they cant be happy. anyone know if its still costs teams 650euro for the pleasure of playing in this comp. it could cost carlow 325 per game if thats the case and thats only IF other game goes ahead. apparantely they found out 1 hour before kickoff that game was off on sat

it would be a farce alright. have to wonder if carlow will stay in comp as they cant be happy. anyone know if its still costs teams 650euro for the pleasure of playing in this comp. it could cost carlow 325 per game if thats the case and thats only IF other game goes ahead. apparantely they found out 1 hour before kickoff that game was off on sat

Not sure abour costs..... North Dublin Eagles will definitely have a team this week end though. It should be a good match. Carlow will be stong and should se Wayne Kerr back in action.

yeah not sure about costs myself im just going on previous years. always a good game eagles v carlow and eagles might fancy their chances with fitness edge. either way should be a good game could you post where it is and the time for anyone looking to go please as itd be a good game to get spectators

Not sure abour costs..... North Dublin Eagles will definitely have a team this week end though. It should be a good match. Carlow will be stong and should se Wayne Kerr back in action.
    in relation to wayne kerr has he left oldham? rli have re booted their rules re professionals today, and other rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spursman

Any word on the leagues for the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭PaulyBolger

Can someone answer me a question.. is there age limits on RL teams? I'm 17 and in the union off season want to join my local team (dublin city exiles i think it is) and i'm really looking forward to it but don't want to show up and be too young to play..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Can someone answer me a question.. is there age limits on RL teams? I'm 17 and in the union off season want to join my local team (dublin city exiles i think it is) and i'm really looking forward to it but don't want to show up and be too young to play..
    Think it's 16/17+ with parents consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Good choice :). They have had some cracking players over the years. Watched them a few years back when my son played for them and delighted to see the league expanding as it has . Hopefully it will get a few matches on the telly soon.

Does the League winners still get an invite to the Challenge cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rugbymad08

Well the new season is coming any new clubs this season

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

any one know the results from the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Only the Ballyfermot vs Tallaght game.
    It was Ballyfermot 4- 30 Tallaght :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Big scoreline in the Exiles v Longhorns game last weekend - 32-38. Anyone at the game?

Yeah I was at the exiles game. I was playing for them. Was a great game even though I got a black eye for my troubles. The second half we were playing well and they were getting frustrated and in one of the tackles I got a few digs to the face... We were a bit unlucky that we didn't pick the right options, eg running on the 5th tackle. But if you consider no one apart from our dummy half, one prop, wings and fullback never played a league match before we did pretty well!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Good win for the Exiles last night away against Ashbourne. This league very close this year.

Anyone at last nights game?

• Advertisement

hsbc wrote: »
    Good win for the Exiles last night away against Ashbourne. This league very close this year.

Anyone at last nights game?

Yeah I was playing it. Great game to play and watch as well. The heat and sun was killer though

Advertisement