Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand from the Sahara dumped over Ireland.

Options
  • 11-04-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

It happened again this past weekend where Southerly winds have brought sand and dust up from the Sahara to Ireland,or at least the West coast of Ireland.Every car,every window and door in Galway City and Connemara was covered with it yesterday morning and also last night the sky had a lovely bright red/orange tinge to it.
    Did other parts of the country get it too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Great pictures mothman! Yep was all over all the cars here this morning anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

trogdor wrote: »
    Great pictures mothman! Yep was all over all the cars here this morning anyway.
    Interesting because 15 miles south there was none...or next to none.

A little did come with the 2 brief showers this afternoon.

By the way, with the first link above, well worth clicking next to see the contrails of the following day and 2 more to today's image with the showers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

It doesnt seem to have effected an area east of the line from say central dublin up to Derry.
    Every car has a good bit of brown dirt on it here in Galway city. I dont think any fresh dust fell last night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

You're going all-out to shake off that maritime climate reputation this year, keep up the good work. (we're it now)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I've been busy so not keeping up with events, but my son who has just bought an update car in absolutely pristine condition was complaining of the dirty rain after his thirty six hour of polishing n waxing.

I warned him this am about the sand as he was about to rub it in. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Cork does not seem to have been overtly affected but some dusting certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

gbee wrote: »
    I've been busy so not keeping up with events, but my son who has just bought an update car in absolutely pristine condition was complaining of the dirty rain after his thirty six hour of polishing n waxing.

I warned him this am about the sand as he was about to rub it in. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Cork does not seem to have been overtly affected but some dusting certainly.

Ha. I was the same on Sunday morning when I saw my clean car covered in dirty rain too! Its a black car too which doesn't help.

Advertisement