Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaw in Maynooth

Options
  • 11-04-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

So, we cut down a tree in the back yard last year. It came down fine, no problem. But it left a treestump. Grand, I thought, we'll dig it out in the spring, down a few feet, take it off with the chainsaw there, fill the hole back in, and we'll be in clover. Well, vegetables, actually, since that's what the space is going to be used for.

So we dug down. Turns out it grew on an old stone wall, or the like, so there're stones snarled up in the roots here and there. I took off a few roots with the axe, but the root wood seems to be harder than that of the tree, and it's basically laughing at my little electric chainsaw. I'm not confident enough of my own chainsaw skills to hire a bigger one, considering the occasional stone.

I am now heartily tired of this thing, so I'm looking for someone with a real chainsaw and some skills in using it to come in of an evening and hack it out. I don't think it'll be more than half an hour's work, and I'll be happy to pay for it.

Anyone able to help me out, or point me in the direction of someone who could?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Check out the Haven Hire place (between Main Street and Tesco, on right). They seem to have some power tools for hire, they should also have some info on people who can help if you're afraid to take it on yourself. I, for one, wouldn't try that on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya can get stuff that kills the the stump and roots, i'd say thats your best bet cos the roots could go out a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

guil wrote: »
    ya can get stuff that kills the the stump and roots, i'd say thats your best bet cos the roots could go out a good bit

Yeah, but I want it physically out of there so I can plant vegetables where it is. We've chopped off and dug up most of the outward roots.

Advertisement