Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem accessing market

Options
  • 11-04-2011 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a surefire solution to this.
    A quick internet search shows this problem is ubiquitous.
    It seems to happen after upgrading to 2.2.
    I've tried the clearing data, cache etc in applications.
    I've tried uninstalling latest updates to the market.
    I've tried rebooting.
    Nothing.

Talked to o2: "talk to the manufacturer" because the connection itself is ok (fair enough).

Talked to HTC: "do a hard reset".
    Eh, thanks...

Useless.
    I can't believe, given how common this problem is, that there is no better solution.
    Anyone here solved this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Seems to be an O2 problem with their custom version of Froyo 2.2.

One suggestion was to connect to Market with WiFi, the disconnect from WiFi and connect again using 3G and it should work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

ongarite wrote: »
    Seems to be an O2 problem with their custom version of Froyo 2.2.

One suggestion was to connect to Market with WiFi, the disconnect from WiFi and connect again using 3G and it should work...

Thanks.
    I'll try that (i'll need to find a wireless network :p ).
    Amazing there isn't a simpler solution though.
    Interesting you mention o2- they were quick to tell me it had nothing to do with them.
    I got my 2.2 over the air from o2, but my device is unbranded.
    So if i got rid of these updates and threw on generic ones it might solve it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maura69

I had the same problem with my xperia x8, this is how i eventually solved it.I connected to my lap top and started the pc companion, then backed up ONLY my contacts list and copied my photos/videos then i followed the upgrade information....it took about an hour in total to do but was very easy. turned on my phone, restored my contacts and was prompted to create a g mail account on trying to access market (already had one but created a new one anyway) and, touch wood, its working like a dream!!!! hope this is some use to you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have you tried getting apps off the market site:

https://market.android.com/

Advertisement