Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Watson

Options
  • 11-04-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

What an innings 185 off 96 balls, 15 6s, amazing player!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Unreal stuff...just by way of comparison, Imrul Kayes got 5 off 41 balls before getting out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

He could have at least let Ponting get his 50 after he got the new record :p, also he knocks Stirling down one spot on the highest odi of all time list, either way it was a great knock with a bit of luck from some dropped catches...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

And Bangladesh get hammered again. I dont want to take away from Watson but seeing how SH*TE Bangladesh are 90% of the time is sickening.

How the ICC can get rid of associates and let that shower of Donkeys in when they get hammered worse than the associates a lot of the time is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bangladesh play the established teams a lot more often than the Associates do, so, I think it would be fair to say thats the reason they get hammered more often.

If you were to go on associates record 90% of the time, against full members, the stats would be no prettier.

The ICC have been abysmal in their WC decision, but a result in a game they would be expected to lose, and have, has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Bangladesh play the established teams a lot more often than the Associates do, so, I think it would be fair to say thats the reason they get hammered more often.

If you were to go on associates record 90% of the time, against full members, the stats would be no prettier.

The ICC have been abysmal in their WC decision, but a result in a game they would be expected to lose, and have, has nothing to do with it.

when I say associates I really mean Ireland and in that regard the stats dont support the above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The stats aren't accurate for Ireland as you say, but Irelands record against Full Member Countries is poor. 5 wins out of 31 games, including 2 against Bangladesh and one against Zimbabwe.

As for Bangladesh being a "shower of donkeys", this is the same Bangladesh that in their last 10 matches, have beaten Zimbabwe, England and Ireland.

As said before, not a fan of unfair ICC decision but also don't think Bangladesh result against Australia has any significance at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Why wasn't Mortaza playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Surely if they play them more often they should be more experienced and hammerings like this shouldn't happen as often as they do (which is quite often recently)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

The stats aren't accurate for Ireland as you say, but Irelands record against Full Member Countries is poor. 5 wins out of 31 games, including 2 against Bangladesh and one against Zimbabwe.

As for Bangladesh being a "shower of donkeys", this is the same Bangladesh that in their last 10 matches, have beaten Zimbabwe, England and Ireland.

As said before, not a fan of unfair ICC decision but also don't think Bangladesh result against Australia has any significance at all.

Ditto

AND lets not forget they thrashed one of the World Cup semifinalists 4-0 at home recently....

Agree they can be really hopeless but a 'shower of donkeys'!!....GET REAL

30 for 0 in 3....here we go again....Will he get 200 today??!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭wicorthered

50 off just 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cant remember exactly how many he got, and too lazy to seacrh, but he finished in the 70's I think, believe Hussey made a century but not too sure, was in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anderson9731

Shane Watson is one of the best cricketer in today’s Australian team in all the three formats of cricket.

To be honest I think Clarke is better, I just don't think Watson is that good till he stops wanting to just bash every ball for four or six, you rarely see any finesse from him just brute force...

Cremated wrote: »
    To be honest I think Clarke is better, I just don't think Watson is that good till he stops wanting to just bash every ball for four or six, you rarely see any finesse from him just brute force...

Disappointing IPL for Watto so far.....after THAT seismic innings against the Bangers I thought he would club a 30 ball 100 for the Royals:(

Gayle on the other hand :O...

Advertisement