Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easytrip Toll M50

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi all

I have just examined my march 2011 statement from Easytrip.

I currently have a tag in my car that beeps when you go through the tolls.

I have had it for over a year at this stage.

One examining the statement i realised that I had been charged €5 for 2 trips through the M50 toll South. this is an overcharge of €3.

I rang the customer service of Easytrip and they basically said that they would dispute the charge with Eflow and make amendments to my account if there was an overcharge. The CSR told me to check my account in a few days. I was not all that happy with this process as they should really come back to me and tell me if I have been refunded - seeing that they (or Eflow)made the mistake.

I then decided to check all my statements and have discovered that every month i get charged at least one (sometimes 2) €5 fee for going through M50 South.

Has anyone else had a similiar problem or does anyone have suggwstions as to how I tackle this.

Thanks

Potsy.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i just got my statement, just had a look at it there. i am being charged €2 each way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Is your car similar to a van/jeep?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Its a Ford Mondeo hatchback

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

Is there not a monthly fee?

Trampas wrote: »
    Is there not a monthly fee?

yes there is but this is a seperate charge.

In summary, i am being charged €5 for a €2 toll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you contacted them to see why this is happening?

Yeah, see my OP, not really happy with response.....

I'll update if somthing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

This is exaclty the reason why I don't bother with a tag. You can't trust them. I just have my change ready for the basket. (M6 Toll)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

This afternoon my husband checked his eflow account and discovered he had been charged on his tag, for a journey north bound on the m50, the exact same time and date, twice! He rang costumer services, they were very apologetic and said 'it must be a computer glitch, these things sometimes happen'!!

Its not good enough really, so everyone with a tag, check your statement and make sure you are not being over charged.

Advertisement