Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in Kerry?

Options
  • 11-04-2011 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I was away for the weekend in Kerry for a wedding, and my phone (Hero) popped up an R beside the connection to say I was roaming! I know that the Kingdom of Kerry is a different country from the People's Republic of Cork, but I thought we had this agreement called the Irish Free State...

I then had to turn on Roaming Data to check my tweets, email, etc, WTF? I tried calling Meteor customer service, but after fighting through the options, it said the next available droid would be with me, and then gave the engaged tone.

Anyone else had to roam in Kerry?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Meteor don't have network infrastructure along most of the west coast so they have a roaming agreement with vodafone. To your phone, you are on a different network so are in effect roaming, although it doesn't cost you anything extra.

Not really sure why you felt you needed to describe them as dickheads in your post tag, you'd have had no network coverage if it wasn't for the roaming agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Witout the agreement OP you would have had no service at all in your area :) So be thankful Meteor piggyback off vodafones network in the west of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

Kensington wrote: »
    Meteor don't have network infrastructure along most of the west coast so they have a roaming agreement with vodafone. To your phone, you are on a different network so are in effect roaming, although it doesn't cost you anything extra.

Thanks very much. That makes a sort of sense.
    Kensington wrote: »
    Not really sure why you felt you needed to describe them as dickheads in your post tag, you'd have had no network coverage if it wasn't for the roaming agreement.

That was to cover their level of service this morning when I went to enquire about it...probably over-harsh.

Advertisement