Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech cs350

Options
  • 11-04-2011 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm having issues with my alarm an aritech 350.

Symptons are :

Panel looks normal
    Alarm sets as normal.
    But about 8 hours later the alarm signals with a ring that is either 2 or 3 burst, not a continous ring.
    The alarm is switch off and the panel says Low Battery
    Also the light for a warning (!) problem is showing on the panel.
    Also if I power the mains supply off, the alarm starts to ring. I can enter the code and the alarm stops. This doesnt happen anymore. Low Battery.

Possible causes :

* The battery has died ?
    *A few weeks back I had some plasterers in and asked them to chase some cables into a wall. One may be the battery for the alarm and has been cut ?
    *The day before this issue started I had some electric work done with a cookerhood mounted and undercounter lights wired, could the electricians have switched a fuse off ? wired something so the battery doesnt charge ?

All information gratefully accepted.
    Smoggy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

The alarm activating plus the fault light on the keypad are down to the low battery. Replacing the battery should solve this issue. If you press down arrow twice on the keypad with all windows and doors closed does it give any indication of other faults ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Altor : Thanks I will test this when Im home and get back with the results.

The replacement battery you should get is a 12v 7 AMP battery, You will be able to pick one up off the suppliers list here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

My wife called and said the alarm has been going off for the last hour, a neighbour tried to switch it off and couldn't do you know why the alarm would be going off when it's on the mains ? The battery isn't required ?

Smoggy wrote: »
    My wife called and said the alarm has been going off for the last hour, a neighbour tried to switch it off and couldn't do you know why the alarm would be going off when it's on the mains ? The battery isn't required ?

The panel will still be trying to charge the battery plus the battery will still be trying to get charged off the system. It can cause the alarm to activate for no reason. If she turns off the mains that will turn the alarm off completely, the external bell will ring till the battery in it dies of if it is set for a cut off point it will turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 realplayer

Even though the battery to my alarm has been dead for a good few months, the alarm functioned perfectly. Today there was an ESB power failure and when power resumed I can't rearm it. The following message is displayed when I enter the arm code:
    " Call Alarm Co. 75". I know the engineer's code for this alarm, but nothing shifts this message from display.

Also, if battery needs replacing how much does one cost and is it an easy DIY procedure?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer goto Misc > Engineer Reset Menu > Tamper reset & change to no .
    Then goto Clear Eng, Reset & press the correct key.
    The battery is a simple swap out & will cost between €10-€15 . See the suppliers sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    PS: You should replace the battery sooner rather than later. It will eventually draw the system down.

Hi KoolKid thanks for that, unfortunately nothing will shift the "call alarm co.75" message display, so I cannot access the menu or anything else. That's good advice re battery replacement, I'll take that on board very soon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The tamper reset will no prevent you accessing the menus. Whats happening if you press 0 followed by your engineer code?

Problem solved. I was not using the 0 before engineer's code. Very grateful for all your help, thanks.

• Advertisement

Your welcome ..Glad you got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 verybusymam

Hi Koolkid, would you mind sending me the link for this manual please?

My husband tried to move the alarm box the other night and when he realised he couldn't, he tried to put the wires back in and the alarm wouldn't stop ringing or accept our code. We have the alarm disconnecting now, but we need the manual to reset it. We tried using the master code we found online but it's in a different language now!

I found a few different manual's online but I can't find how to change the language. I even printed one out in an internet cafe, cost me €15.20 for 78 pages and it's the wrong one! I printed the CS250 not the Cs350!

Many Thanks

Hi Koolkid, would you mind sending me the link for this manual please?

My husband tried to move the alarm box the other night and when he realised he couldn't, he tried to put the wires back in and the alarm wouldn't stop ringing or accept our code. We have the alarm disconnecting now, but we need the manual to reset it. We tried using the master code we found online but it's in a different language now!

I found a few different manual's online but I can't find how to change the language. I even printed one out in an internet cafe, cost me €15.20 for 78 pages and it's the wrong one! I printed the CS250 not the Cs350!

Many Thanks

Sent you the manual by P.M.
    Any problems let us know.

Advertisement