Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience as a beauty therapist

Options
  • 10-04-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice....

I'm coming to the end of my beauty therapy course and want to get experience in a salon. I work as a teacher during the day and so would only be available evenings, weekends and over the holidays...

I'd be willing to work for free so that I could get experience and build up my confidence but am I too restricted by the hours Im available for???? How should I approach possible employers I hate going in demanding certain hours before I even begin????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

try ealu spa therapy in maynooth they have a facebook page with all the info on a work experience program. might be what youre looking for :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Hi - currently almost finished my beauty therapy course and am currently on work experience in the salon I was a customer of. Although I'm not insured to do any treatments, its fantastic to be able to work in a salon envirnoment.

I'd recommend just leaving your CV into salons in your area, stating that your looking for work experience and the hours that you are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 princessaine

Thanks for the help I have applied for the workexperience in Ealu and am going to chance throwing my CV in as many places as possible... What have I got to lose :)

Advertisement