Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This place is very empty...

Options
  • 10-04-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Does nobody want to speak french anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

bonjour!! lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Currently learning at the moment.

Struggling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Bonjour. :D Ca va? ;)
    TaosHum how are you struggling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

comment tu t'appelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Caireann wrote: »
    Bonjour. :D Ca va? ;)
    TaosHum how are you struggling?

Honestly, I dont quite know how to learn it if that makes sense.

I'm doing it on my own, using tapes, cd-roms, reading material, etc. I think my biggest problem is not having personel interaction with French speakers (as I know no-one who speaks it). Also when I hear a sentence in French, it tends to take some time for me to translate it in my head and then respond in French. It probably just takes time, but I dont seem to see much improvement.

Also unsure if I'm learning it cottectly but using so many different sources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

I think the best book you can buy is basic french a complete guide by annie hemmingway, all you relly need is that in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Whereabouts are you based TaosHum ?

There are quite a few French people in Ireland .... :)

Valerie :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Im in a similar situation, I "learned" French for the LC, and absolutely loved it. Would love to start learning again, but my course in college doesn't offer it. I'll have a look for that book that was recommended there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I would like to learn french to but im so lazy. I thought of doing the language exchange but only face to face. But that means you'd kinda have to get on really well otherwise aint no holla back on that one.

Advertisement